Side quests?

It just struck me i haven't heard of a single quest in any interview, developer walkthrough, etc. Anyone knows if we're gonna be able to do anything in the hub besides preparing for our next mission? I'm actually a bit concerned about it, specially after how lame ME2's "streamlined" story was...

Well, you're not going to be chatting with shopkeepers and offering to find some fozzle they lost in the cemetary or anything-- you're a spy, not an adventurer.

But I get the sense that other contacts, handlers, officials, and the like, are going to have some optional tasks that you can choose to help them with to gain money, equipment, intelligence, and reputation.

I'm pretty sure I recall there being some mention that not all missions relate to the main storyline.. That there are missions which you can choose to do just for the benefits of improving relations with certain NPC's, to gain intel on others.. things like that...

Of course, that's relying on some hazy memory of earlier interviews... :wacko:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The last interview in that other thread posted today kinda addresses that but i'm unsure what CA meant, if they were VR missions like MGS, extra things to do while doing story missions (like ME2 or NWN) or actual side quests. I'd really like new places with full missions, even if they're not as developed as the main quests. I'd have a hard time imagining an RPG without them...

you now thats a good question becuase as a spy you need to make new freinds and contacts and sense any 1 in there right mind nows that nothing comes for free

so side missions should include makeing new contacts to gain intel on your main target and doing side jobs such as spying on a shop owner competior or rescue a daughter of some wealthy guy and such