Installing Baldur's Gate II on Vista

I'm trying to install BGII but keep getting "Error number: 0x80040707" - any ideas? I'm almost positive the game used to work perfectly too, so this is a bit odd. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Hmm, the obvious First Aid (Google) wasn't much help. Seems like a typical installer error, installing software with insufficient permissions. You run everything as Administrator?

The other search resultes said something about bad registry entries.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm running the installer with administer rights and in a compatibility mode, as for the bad registries I found those links too but I was hoping that someone here, seeing as this is a hotbed of BGII fans, would know a fix.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Do let me know as i plan to upgrade my PC by the end of the year, and will certainly want to play BG again.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.