Portal 2 announced

Morgoth

Then how did I die? There's no falling damage is there? I did fall on a camera I ripped off the wall and threw in the portal tunnel first. Maybe hitting that killed me?

The cameras do build up speed and can hurt but then you can die by building up speed yourself and then accidentally clipping a wall. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

If anyone doesn't know, a patch updated the original Portal to include a new, very complicated achievement that if you complete, changes the ending slightly to open the way for a sequel. Just finished replaying myself.

Portal forced me to spend three days downloading patches via that godawful Steam service before it would let me play. Now, I have a rather slow dialup connection, but three days for patches is ridiculous. Valve can bite me right there.

Now, I have a rather slow dialup connection

Yeah, you should definitely blame Valve for that.

After all, with games from any other company, patches would be near-instantaneous on dial-up. :x

I know how fast my connection is. You don't.

Portal forced me to spend three days downloading patches via that godawful Steam service before it would let me play. Now, I have a rather slow dialup connection, but three days for patches is ridiculous. Valve can bite me right there.

Don't ever get Dirt 2 from Steam then. Yesterday when I was going to play it, it automatically downloaded a gigantic (close to a GB or something) patch. Since Steams servers aren't exactly the fastest in the world, I had to wait for an HOUR for it to download. By the time I had gotten it, I didn't want to play Dirt 2 anymore :/

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Slow?

Dial-up doesn't go faster than 56 Kb/s, which is like 7KB/s.

I typically pull down 3.3 kb/s. Steam was feeding me about one. I would get a spurt of data every three seconds or so.

I'm used to long download times. I have a secondary phone line, so I can download 24/7 if need be. But I WON'T DEAL with a flaky download service, and I didn't even mention the hanging and crashing from the client.

PS. How do you turn off automatic updates?