JD Salinger RIP

Hurlshort

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_salinger

JD Salinger passed away today. The Catcher in the Rye is a favorite of mine, and I as always amazed at how it continues to sell year after year. I'm actually a little excited to hear this, I mean I'm sad for the guy, but now we might get to see all those books he has been writing in seclusion for the last 50 years.

I actually bought "Catcher in the Rye" two weeks ago :lol:

R.I.P.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Catcher in the Rye is a favorite of mine, and I as always amazed at how it continues to sell year after year.

Being on every junior-high required reading list in the country probably helps sales...

(Not to take anything away from the book.)

((But Nine Stories was better.))

I guess now that he's gone the movie studios will finally get their wish and do a screen adaptation. I thought Catcher was just ok. My favorite work of his was a short story called A Boy in France.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didn't like The Catcher in the Rye. The main guy was too whiny.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

This.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I see why people would think this, but to my ears, this is a bit like criticizing an AC/DC album for being too loud and vulgar. Sure, it's accurate, but the parts that you're calling out as weaknesses are the entire ****ing point of the work.

I don't like AC/DC for being loud and vulgar. I'm not saying it's a weakness, just that I don't like it.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.