How To Reach Obsidian PR

magician

Greetings;

I am willing to send Obsidian Entertainment a demo reel of my music soundtrack works and previous work details for consideration and for archiving purposes in case of future referencing options. However, as music stuff in game biz is usually a contract work, there are no information to be found regarding how to apply for such a reference at Obsidian's website. Usually, especially in music business, you need consolidation first to send in a demo tape due to copyright issues and overwhelming applications etc.

I am wondering how that works with Obsidian and willing to make this "applicational process" work out without having managers or client representatives to do buzzing calls or e-mails and so.

So, any help is welcome.

You can feel free to supply audio samples at the address in the link listed above. We cannot guarantee that everything will be heard, however. I don't think we really have any kind of application you need to send out if you're looking for contract work.

Matthew Rorie

Ok, one final question before I submit.

Is there any size limitation to files? Ermm.. When you submit artworks, you can send them in 72 dpi 1000x1000 size etc but when presenting sound, it has to be in good quality which increases the file size... Considering that I would submit several tracks at least...

You know, it would be a disaster to have an issue like "Some idiot sent 60mb rar file *pheeww*... there, gone" while on the other end of the line, I am like "ermm, did they receive it, I wonder..."

lol...

We have a 10 meg limit on incoming emails, I believe. Can you send something physical, like a CD? Or do you have a website with downloadable samples?

Website(s), sure, I have. I uploaded a RAR file there with 8-9 tracks included. I will send the link then near to the CV / Resume and cover letter, as well as the web page link.

Thanks again for the help :)

EDIT: Mail sent. Thank you so much for your help Matthew!

Edited by magician

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to apply for something special sound wise:

I know there is going to be computers and terminals galore in the game as they are trademarks of the Fallout universe. I would love a chance to write jingles and/or sound fx for all the computer systems in the game. I have a large collection of vintage computers that I make 100% original music and jingles with for companies like Disney, Microsoft, Nokia, Sony, etc. I don't sample preexisting music and/or fx, I make my own using classic computers and vintage game consoles...Im a big fan of fallout and would love to participate. :lol:

Here is my bio: http://www.8bitweapon.com/bio.html

Here are music samples: http://www.8bitweapon.com/music.html

Will this post be enough or should I send a CD to the address above?

Thank you in advance,

-Seth :p

PS- I made my own post nuke shooter for the c64 called "Silo64". You can download it for free and play it on an emulator. You can also download some industrial/dance music inspired by Fallout and its father Wasteland there too! http://www.silo64.com

Edited by 8 Bit Weapon

Haha, you made it with SEUCK! Damn, I had fun with that game editor back in the day! I think I still have an old, finished game I made on that lying around somewhere in an attic. Maybe I should upload it to the internet before the floppy disc demagnetizes itself? :(

Anyhow, very cool website and I hope you'll get a job!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Haha, you made it with SEUCK! Damn, I had fun with that game editor back in the day! I think I still have an old, finished game I made on that lying around somewhere in an attic. Maybe I should upload it to the internet before the floppy disc demagnetizes itself? :(

Anyhow, very cool website and I hope you'll get a job!

Thanx! o:)