wardens keep worth the money?

entrerix

was it worth it? (ONLY RESPOND IF YOU PAID FOR IT AND PLAYED IT)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. was it worth the money?

• yes
    • no
    • barely
    • almost
    • other (please explain)

All these DA:O threads are actually making me want to buy the game/DLC just so I can see for myself.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

better or worse deal than point lookout or broken steel?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

DLCs like Dragon Age's Wardens Keep or Oblivion's stuff are barely worth if they are free. Actually I wouldn't DL em manually even if they were free. Only reason why I have ring, Shale and dragons armor is because those got loaded automatically when I first started the game. I most likely skip more stuff on main game (and I'm person who usually does several runs unless gmae is really bad) when I'd get from DLC. Expansions or expansion type of DLCs like in GTA 4 are whole different matter. They can be even better then original game (happend for both NWN and NWN2 with HotU and MotB ). Same could be true for Dragon Age too.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I've tried to get upset about it... I just can't. It's the price of a stupid Xmas coffee in Starbucks. Am I missing something?

Yes. You neglect the fact that some of us do not buy Starbucks for the same reason we think the DLC is not that great - it's too expensive for what you're getting. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's all relative.. It's cheaper then starbucks. It adds about 20 minutes of quest, it's got VO, there are some items, some extra "codex" related stuff if you happen to be interested in finding more out about the "world" and why the Warden's got kicked out of the country in the first place...

On the downside, when you leave it, the keep locks itself and you only get a merchant and storage box outside.

I guess having to redo the keep _without_ all the dead bodies, and cleaned up would have added too much to it..

Also, it's then possible to be stuck with a quest you can't complete because you can't re-enter the keep. One of those "codex" quests about a previous commander, when you find all four pieces of "codex" a quest opens up to find a secret cache. But if you leave the keep , you can't go back to find it. I read the riddle wrong and thought it might be back at the statue with the sword..so left the keep and boom..

Ah well, for a few odd pounds, it wasn't bad. But I was expecting a bit more.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."