Favorite book/series?

kingofsquid

Bane is epic, so's Drizzt (though last time I mentioned it here I started an argument, much like always). Same goes for the Elminster books (though to a lesser extent). Most of the FR stuff is good, although some is absolute crap. Harry Potter, it goes without saying, is pure epic win, distilled into book form, though I might be slightly biased towards it, because I grew up with it, and by that I mean Sorcerer's Stone was the first full "book" I ever read. In terms of "literature," with themes and all that crap, Kurt Vonnegut's good. Most Biritsh litterature is absolute crap, with the exceptions being LOTR (aka the greatest book ever) and Dracula.

Of course, this is the greatest book ever written.

I might post more later but here are just a few titles for Mr.Squid to look into:

The Divine Comedy

Goethe's Faust

The Lord of the Rings

The Hobbit

Dracula

The Historian

Good stuff.

Ovid's Metamorphoses*

*In Latin

Ouch. If its anywhere near as bad as the Aenead then thats one of the most painful things imaginable.

Absolutely true! BTW, did you hear about the new one soon? Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil

Ovid's Metamorphoses*

*In Latin

Ouch. If its anywhere near as bad as the Aenead then thats one of the most painful things imaginable.

Pomposity is pretty well in-built with classical literature, but few if any texts I can think of - the letters of Plinius Secundus included - are quite as horrendous as Aeneid X.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I thought you had read all of them. It's not really that good, though.

Jacen is a bit of a bitch and Jaina is super whiny.

EDIT: And what was the deal with the Dark Nest trilogy? The writers were smoking some serious crack when they wrote that. The only good thing to come out of that was Alema.

Edited by Purkake

EDIT: And what was the deal with the Dark Nest trilogy? The writers were smoking some serious crack when they wrote that. The only good thing to come out of that was Alema.

You mean Alema Rar? Jaina's wingmate?

I really have only read VP, Dark Tide 1/2 and Star by Star which POd me because (read at your own risk)

Anakin dies.

You mean Alema Rar? Jaina's wingmate?

I really have only read VP, Dark Tide 1/2 and Star by Star which POd me because (read at your own risk)

Anakin dies.

I thought you were reading the Legacy of the Force.

Yes, that Alema. The Dark Nest trilogy comes after the Unifying Force and does all sorts of weird stuff.

It's a good thing that he died, he was like the king of whine, even compared to Jaina later.