Blizzcon

Purkake

If they don't you can always delete the character if you get killed, right?

I think someone asked about it in the QA and they said that they are still considering it. Check out the QA on youtube for the exact answer.

Edited by Purkake

Are you just trying to be an ass now?

We play HC precisely because it's NOT boring. Why don't you try playing Hardcore mode with a few friends instead of being a **** to those of us that like it before passing judgment.

I enjoyed Diablo 2. At first I figured I'd never play Hardcore mode either, but after I did I realized the tension of large battles, especially against lightning enchanted and exceptionally strong bosses/minibosses skyrocketed. You had to be aggressive, yet cautious and always aware of your surroundings and health.

And few things are as satisfying as killing a PKer in HC mode.

Because you're being a **** about it "Sounds boring."

Yeah, indeed.

We get it, you don't like it and it's not for you. It's getting old.

Playing through Diablo II is boring. Don't knock it until you try it. It took Diablo II and made it significant more fun for me and a lot of other people.

But hey, you like playing it safe. Sounds boring, but whatever.

Waaahmbulance.jpg

Suck it up princess.

If you don't understand how some people can like the thrill of having to actually play the game with some level of caution, then that's your own problem.

If you're going to pass judgment on people repeatedly in a thread, while talking from a position of ignorance, then be prepared to take the flak for it. Listening to every rationalization you have rather than just sticking with the point that you are against the idea that if you die, you lose your character, makes me roll my eyes. Just say that. Don't talk about how it "sounds boring" or whatever other rationalization you want to further justify your position in the face of people that actually enjoy the game mode.

Edited by alanschu

Jesus Christ, man! Everything isn't about you.

I can totally see how someone could find that fun or thrilling. What I'm saying is that I couldn't and I have tried HC in case you were wondering.

Edited by Purkake

Playing a stupid game like Diablo II on insane difficulty is an epic waste of time. :p The only thing you could get out of it is a broken mouse.

There, you got my Razer all riled up now.... calm down, my precious :wub:

On topic, I'm looking forward to SC II even with the irritating cartoony graphics.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I doubt I play the game on HC mode. Then again, I doubt if I play the game with anyone other than friends while sitting in the same room. Yeah yeah, I know. I won't be able to lan it so we'll be playing on a shared internet connection, no biggie. There's some chance that I won't bother playing it with friends at all, since most of my friends are so invested in WoW that there's small chance of getting them to go to D3. I'll probably just play D3 as a single player game and I, while I think hardcore mode could have its fun moments, it doesn't sound appealing to me as a single player option.

cool finds! where were those?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

How is it any different from deleting your character after dying? It's not like it gives any benefits.

Playing Diablo 2 on HC removes half the arseholes from the game, gives the game a new meaning after you've played it 1000 times, and slows the pace down - rushing doesn't make much sense in HC for instance. The people you play with in Hc are just generally more interesting, helpful, and fun to play with. Also, less kids. I know when I was 14 I stayed well clear of HC. I was thinking "Who the hell wants their character deleted when they die?"

Edited by Krezack