Happy Summer Solstice all!

TheHarlequin

Have a wonderful summer solstice!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_britain_stonehenge

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Happy Solstice from your Catholic friend!

Stonehenge would have been a sight to see with all those folks there. Usually it's got that steady line of folks walking around it. I can just imagine having folks celebrating and partying in the area. Hey, I think it's good to put it use for celebrating. Probably more of what it was meant to be in the first place.

Get your filthy hippie hands off our damn holiday!! The only reason we celebrated midsummer friday instead of today is because you cant get as drunk on a Sunday.

Practical guide how to celebrate Midsummer in Sweden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I5BGsK5ZAU

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Get your filthy hippie hands off our damn holiday!! The only reason we celebrated midsummer friday instead of today is because you cant get as drunk on a Sunday.

I agree with Kaftan. Midsummer friday is one of the best drinking times ever.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

We celebrate it on the 23rd instead.. and then build a huge fire, put a fake witch on it and burn her, while we dance and sing around the fire.. Talk about evil Christian holiday take-overs.. haha

I like the Swedish version better, although it's essentially the same (drinking).

Fortune favors the bald.

Practical guide how to celebrate Midsummer in Sweden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I5BGsK5ZAU

This is better:

>_< Too bad it's in swenglish though...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

ermm the solstice celebration has pre-xian pagan roots (like many xian holidays actually (christimas, easter, all saints day, may day to name a few).. your welcome Christians... >_< )

hippies <> pagans FYI

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Happy solstice!

hippies <> pagans FYI

I'm trying to figure out what sexual act <> represents. Based on the pagans I know, you should add a wildcard:

hippies <*> pagans

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Whatever it means, these crystal-collecting, enya-listening, insense-burning, moronic twits should stop trying to kidnap midsummer and turn it into something sexually ambigious. We Scandinavians were the only ones who kept celebrating even after we were christened, and that gives us the right to claim dibs on the whole shebang. You snooze(or go full christian), you lose.

A big old "cease and desist" to all smelly hippies and goths who try to make midsummer about something else than getting pissed and singing songs about tiny frogs.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Says the guy who comes from a region where the solstice celebrations was adopted not founded itself (Greeks get that gold star). Hypocrite perchance? And your region is not the only area that still celebrated it on some level even after Christianity screwed everything up. Still a popular event and pagan holiday on the British isles for example, a tradition that predates Christianity on the isle in fact. They lite bone fires in celebration that continue to this day.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Hey, rat bastards, I'm Catholic. I can booze it up guilt free. Damn bunch of hippies, pagans, and drunk norsemen (yeah, like that's not redundant). No need to let your sloppy beer brawling ways harsh my buzz. ...And there was fire roasted boar before Christianity too, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to partake.

...And there was fire roasted boar before Christianity too, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to partake.

...is there such a thing as an adopted Christian? :grin:

I'm a follower a Pragmatism. I believe in what gets the job done, hedonism, scepticispm, moral relativism and everything included. Unfortunately, roast boar and mead seems in short supply here Down Under :)

Edit: Happy "summer" Solstice to those living up north.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Says the guy who comes from a region where the solstice celebrations was adopted not founded itself (Greeks get that gold star). Hypocrite perchance? And your region is not the only area that still celebrated it on some level even after Christianity screwed everything up. Still a popular event and pagan holiday on the British isles for example, a tradition that predates Christianity on the isle in fact. They lite bone fires in celebration that continue to this day.

Pfft. Every festival ever created comes down to drinking and having fun for common folk. If not then you

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

This midsummer was great. Booze, sun and bbq at the summer cottage do wonders to a mans spirit.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Eat drink and be merry, you unwholesome goblins.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.