Vista Service Pack 2 released

Morgoth

Ok, I just turned back my system to pre-service-pace-two because it was compleatly ****ed over by the aformentioned partch. Everything from my browser -Opera- to my anti-virus -NOD32- was unworkable.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Ok, I just turned back my system to pre-service-pace-two because it was compleatly ****ed over by the aformentioned partch. Everything from my browser -Opera- to my anti-virus -NOD32- was unworkable.

I got it through Windows update and everything has been working just fine for me. I don't use NOD32 or Opera though :)

I downloaded and installed it. Just like every other patch Windows offers. I don't know why anyone else would have trouble.

Morgoth, did you only install SP 2, or did you install the other required patches first?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What required patches?

I just kept my Windows up to date, with all that post-SP1 fixes and stuff. Perhaps that's why SP2 refuses to install? I don't get it.

I'm not sure. After you posted the link, I hit the Windows Update button, it downloaded something else first*, and then I hit the update button again and SP2 appeared.

I install updates at least once a week so that shouldn't be the problem. Do you have Trend Micro? I tried to install XP SP3 on my boss' computer and it wouldn't let me do it until I disabled that.

*The latest Windows Defender and the Compatability View List for Windows Vista.

Edit: Do you have the pre-release version of the service pack? If so, delete it first.

Do you have Windows Server 2008 running on your computer? If so, update it first.

Did you install the May 4th 'Update to Windows Vista'? If not, you might want to do so.

Here are some other updates I have (no idea if they apply to you):

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 2

.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

You also might want to look at the System Update Readiness tool. This has a x32 and x64 version.

This tool is being offered because an inconsistency was found in the Windows servicing store which may prevent the successful installation of future updates, service packs, and software.

After you download and then run the System Update Readiness Tool, restart your computer. Then, immediately try to install the full download package for the service pack that you previously downloaded from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads
Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd install it but I turned off most of Vista's crapware "features" such as Windows Update, and I'm way to damn lazy to dl/install it myself.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

• 2 weeks later...