Blizzard Will Have a New IP

man warcraft 2 was a great goddamn game.

starcraft was good too, but they havent made a good strategy game since then.

if the new game will be so different as to not compete with WOW then I can't help but feel like it will either be cyberpunk or space opera. space opera is a bit starcrafty though, so cyberpunk seems more likely

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Hmm, I still think this Blizzard title is way off, WoW was in production for about 8 years before it released, I believe. I'd say KotOR Online is still going to be a couple years before a new Blizzard title.

In other MMO news, the books by George RR Martin have just been licensed to a French developer. A Game of Thrones could make some pretty compelling source material, but I'm hesitant to trust any unknown developers. They are the same team making the next Blood Bowl game, so I guess that will show us what they've got.

i'd be curious as to just how the hell that would work as an MMO

there's not really any set factions in the book - other than the Night's Watch really

everyone else keeps changing alleigance or backstabbing eachother :shifty:

as for the new IP, let's see

Starcraft

Warcraft

so maybe Steamcraft? :sweat:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'd like to see them go for something serious, but not Diablo-serious. I mean a modern setting, see if they could do it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hmm, I still think this Blizzard title is way off, WoW was in production for about 8 years before it released, I believe. I'd say KotOR Online is still going to be a couple years before a new Blizzard title.

In other MMO news, the books by George RR Martin have just been licensed to a French developer. A Game of Thrones could make some pretty compelling source material, but I'm hesitant to trust any unknown developers. They are the same team making the next Blood Bowl game, so I guess that will show us what they've got.

i'd be curious as to just how the hell that would work as an MMO

there's not really any set factions in the book - other than the Night's Watch really

everyone else keeps changing alleigance or backstabbing eachother :p

I actually hate the whole idea of factions, at least the simplistic 'two factions divide up an entire world'. There are a lot of MMO's out there that have different setups in that regard.

One of the coolest questlines in Everquest 2 is the city betrayal quest. Basically you get to switch over to the other side around a certain level.

I hate the way World of Warcraft does it because I think it encourages folks to be asshats. I had heard that CoH/CoV would offer a chance to switch from good guy to bad guy and vice versa. That would be cool. Even better would be having a number of faction with varying levels of animosity rather than just out and out hatred between two sides.

Vanguard has a ton of factions, and if your race has a bad reputation with a faction, you have to grind away to not get shot at when you get close to their cities.

It sounds worse than it is, but it still is uninspired.