Velvet Assassin comes out this week.

The IGN reviewer must've had a really bad day when he wrote that review... I purchased the game yesterday and I'm liking it a lot. The atmosphere in this game is simply brilliant... it perfectly captures the grimness of WWII. I daresay it's the most atmospheric game I've played since Call of Cthulhu.

I can't recall any 'small' foreign developers receiving a review rating over 7.5 on the 'big' gaming sites... The Witcher doesn't really count considering their affiliation with BioWare.

What about Bioshock, Stalker or Mafia in terms of atmosphere? Call of Cthulhu fell apart less than half way through and then it had you kill an elder god with a goddamn cannon.

Also, enough with the hate on 'big' gaming sites. Yes, they have biased and bad reviews, but don't turn this into some kind cry fest for "poor foreign developers". It's great that you like the game, but there are a lot of people out there that genuinely dislike it, some of who write reviews.

Haven't played Bioshock, Stalker or Mafia, sorry.

As for the hate, there is none. I was just stating an observation.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What about Bioshock, Stalker or Mafia in terms of atmosphere? Call of Cthulhu fell apart less than half way through and then it had you kill an elder god with a goddamn cannon.
Dagon is not an elder god. Also Dagon wasn't killed, he became wrathful and

sunk the boat

Also in the original Call of Cthulhu story, Cthulhu himself gets run over by a fairly small boat.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan