New IGN walkthrough video

Which is fantastic, because it means the PC version may be able to show whatever keys you choose to select for the dialogue wheel.

I dont suppose you can say? I'm guessing with a 99% certainty you cannot but heres my question:

How long do you have to make a choice when you're in dialogue mode? From the video it looks like less than 10seconds

An employee at gamestop commented this:

say for instance that your characters wants to be agressive all the time so therefore its color coded like "always red" and each time a dialogue instance appears you always select the red color almost without even reading what choice youre making.

So I guess a few questions arise:

1-How long is the dialogue option

2-Is there a default dialogue option and will it be the same color each time

3-Is the dialogue options color coded to the preference of your character in which you dont have to take the time to read what it says?

Though again perhaps none of these questions can be answered right now, bah!

Number one is a bit iffy and probably context-sensitive, so I can't really answer that, but...

There are three basic options that you are given at all times: Suave, Professional, and Aggressive. Context obviously changes the specific text, but each emotion is tied to a particular button on the controller (or, I guess, key on the keyboard). As far as I'm aware, if you pick one, it will remain selected until you pick another one, so you could pick Aggressive and then not pick anything for three options and your character would be Aggressive three times.

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

An open question to any dev: do you any idea when we might see the next walkthrough trailer?

If at first you don't succeed, don't try Russian Roulette...

Do I look like a reasonable man, or a peppermint nightmare?

I would guess E3.

Ah, ok... I suppose that makes sense.

So that's what, four weeks away? Sounds good. I'm hoping that this year's E3 will be really good - apparently Mass Effect 2 will be making a showing, with a lot of new info being given. Given that AP is apparently coming out this fall I'm also hoping for some new footage/info...

If at first you don't succeed, don't try Russian Roulette...

Do I look like a reasonable man, or a peppermint nightmare?

I'm guessing that this has to do with previous videos being made from the Xbox version, while this video was made from either the PS3 or PC version.

That seems probable. Though I'm fairly certain we've seen an older video which showed PS3 buttons in their place rather than generic white dots.

I'm pretty sure the white dots were to ensure that the same video could be placed on XBL and PSN. Sometimes Sony/MS don't like it when trailers prominently feature the buttons of the other console. So blanking them out makes it less likely that they'll complain when you try to put the trailer on their respective services. I'm not 100% sure on that, but it makes sense.

Matthew Rorie

Number one is a bit iffy and probably context-sensitive, so I can't really answer that, but...

There are three basic options that you are given at all times: Suave, Professional, and Aggressive. Context obviously changes the specific text, but each emotion is tied to a particular button on the controller (or, I guess, key on the keyboard). As far as I'm aware, if you pick one, it will remain selected until you pick another one, so you could pick Aggressive and then not pick anything for three options and your character would be Aggressive three times.

That's basically the case. The Suave/Professional/Aggressive buttons are often replaced by more context-sensitive choices, though, as you'll see in videos of our dialogue system. But your choices usually match up to one of those three basic emotions, and if you want Mike to stick with a certain emotion throughout the game, you only need to make one choice and the game will default to it (or whatever your other last choice was) throughout the game.

As far as timing goes, it does sometimes depend on the dialogue that you're responding to, but it's usually around five seconds. You'll be able to pause the dialogue if you need to take a break, or fast forward through them on a line-by-line basis if you want to get through them quickly.

Matthew Rorie

Nice to hear that there will be a pause option in dialogue. Keeping things tense is all well and good, but the outside world does sometimes interfere with our gaming time. ("No, honey, of course you don't look fat in that...")