Bioshock 2 in next PC Gamer

funcroc

Weirdos.

I'll grant you that Bioshock had a better story and better voice acting and what not than FO3. But that stuff is precisely Bethesda's greatest weakness.

Bioshock's gameplay was just so messed up with its infinite health and free rez and repetitive respawning enemies and crappy minigames and picture taking.

Picture taking! WTF?

Gameplaywise Bioshock is a disaster.

Not an Oblivion level obscenity of awfulness, but still...

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Weirdos.

I'll grant you that Bioshock had a better story and better voice acting and what not than FO3. But that stuff is precisely Bethesda's greatest weakness.

Bioshock's gameplay was just so messed up with its infinite health and free rez and repetitive respawning enemies and crappy minigames and picture taking.

Picture taking! WTF?

Gameplaywise Bioshock is a disaster.

Not an Oblivion level obscenity of awfulness, but still...

Can't you just agree that both games suck? :ermm:

Fallout does have an open world where you can have fun and find stuff. In Bioshock I was almost always full on ammo and med kits.

A disaster? Why are gamers such drama queens?

Because this is the internet. And an internet without trivial drama is like a day without sunshine.

I would have expected you to know that by now. :ermm:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

A disaster? Why are gamers such drama queens?

Because it's easier to hate them and their opinions.

And Fallout 3 is utter crap, Bioshock was exactly as expected.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Wouldn't call Bioshock's combat a disaster. Its just pretty much average 'Doom' shooter template with a nice setting. You got a crosshair, you can shoot, you can collect and use all weapons like a rat packer. Just like Doom template minus dozens of enemies.

Of course in comparison to great Call of Duty 4 which focuses on combat mechanics to make combat exciting, Bioshock is waaaaay behind it in standard.

Personally, I hope Bioshock uses a proper physics system this time instead of one that is stuck at seeming 15 fps. The gameplay feels so jarring when you move about in 40 fps while watching and killing things flying in the air in physics motion at a 15fps.

average 'Doom' shooter template

Except with rez tubes all over the levels and infinite health. Why not just put your player in God mode right from the start and be done with it?

well, maybe I will reinstall it when I am done with FO3 and give Bioshock another try.

Isn't there a patch out that disables those res tubes?

Yup. Latest patch lets you disable the tubes via options.

Cool. Thanks.

Kotaku posts further details about Bioshock 2:

"You're the first of the lot, a so-called "renegade" Big Daddy who's on the hunt for a Little Sister of his own, according to a tipster who has the new Game Informer magazine in hand. You'll take out rival Daddies with your huge hand-drill and plasmid powers, claiming their wee sidekicks as your own. Similar to the first BioShock, you can choose to either harvest your Little Sister prize for ADAM or you can adopt her as your own."

That sounds lame as hell. Did they learn nothing from the first game?

Edited by Purkake

I like the concept. The potential for upgrades and all is very interesting.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Is that confirmed officially?

Is that confirmed officially?

I don't think so. Kotaku will happily post everything they find, but I don't find it implausible.

EDIT: There is a lot of conflicting information. The Game Informer article says that you are a private investigator searching for missing girls 7 years after Bioshock. Then the 2K community manager says that this just a rumor and not the real plot...

Edited by Purkake

we'll have to wait and see how true it is, I guess.

My first reaction was that is was a pretty dumb idea, but after a few moments of thought, I can see potential for a much more interesting story than Bioshock had.

I do wish they would discard the save/harvest gimmick regardless. Not that interesting, unless they really apply meangingful gameplay consequences to the decision.

I got my copy of Game Informer. I didn't read it or look at it closely, because I don't care about the game, but when I was flipping through I noticed a quote about playing the first Big Daddy.

So Kotaku was probably correct and the other stuff was just made up to confuse people. Can't say I like the idea, but then again I don't really care about the game.

Playing a Big Daddy... Now this is ridiculous!

Depends what they do with it.

I agree that it seems a bit goofy.