I would like to see some Deus Ex atmosphere in AP

One of the best elements in Deus Ex atmosphere and gameplay is level design. Being able to pass through the ventilation systems, through the sewer, over the rooftops, swimming under the city and finding other alternative paths. Because of it, you are limited only by your play style, there are no better and worse solutions. Deus Ex responds on how you want to play it and it encourages you to find your way of solving the problem. That makes it one of the most intelligent games ever made. So, what can be used in Alpha Protocol? Complex level design with multiple paths and attention to details. Non-linear skill based action gameplay which responds to your play style. Many gadgets and weapon customizations. Non-linear story, good dialogue system and story telling.

Deus Ex has a flawed combat system however, despite the great character growth and customization it has. So even if AP does have good level design, choices and multiple routes, having a bad and lacking sharpness in the combat system(Namely Firing weapon implementation, cover system, enemy AI complexity) can make the entire game experience a flawed one.

I both agree and disagree. Deus Ex used Unreal 1 engine, in that time the combat was very good because they combined real time action with skills. The more you raise a skill, the more precise you are with guns and more damage you cause. Of course it wasn't perfect, but for that time it was very good. I agree that today, by using Unreal 3 engine in AP, the combat can be much better - cover system, better enemy A.I. etc.