The Spectrum Games Bible 1982-2008

Diogo Ribeiro

Whazzup homies? :thumbsup:

I'm posting this because I need an opinion. I've contributed to the Spectrum Games Bible, a series of e-books containing reviews for ZX Spectrum games between 1982 and 2008 that cover everything from underdogs, sleeper and mainstream hits, as well as homebrew titles. In particular, my (inept) writing is going to be featured in the 1989-1990 book. If all goes well, I should be able to write some more for the remaining books, even though I'm a cad 'cause I said I'd write more to the folks behind the project and still haven't done so.

SO!

The wonderful chaps behind the project offer three solutions concerning payment. Every review is worth 50p (that's half a pound). You can be paid in full once all your reviews are accounted for through PayPal. Or you can contribute to the scene yo, and do the shiznit 4 free. Or finally, you can have the money revert to the Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary.

ALAS!

I'm a bit unsure of what to do. Getting paid to write about videogames, even if at this point the profit isn't exactly astronomical and I don't even write well, would be fulfilling a dream. On the other, the people that still strive to talk about the ZX Spectrum and keep such communities afloat should be commended and helped. But I also feel a tremendous amount of empathy for homeless animals.

I am considering giving the money to Bleakholt, but I am wondering what people think about it. What would you personally do?

Meh, no Lords of Midnight review, only the sequel, Doomdarks Revenge. Give it to the animals.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Manic Miner. Gauntlet.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.