Iraq War Ends

random n00b

I prefer not to pull out until the job is done :lol:

I expected at least a witty comment from Wals :(

/wrist! ;(

Isn't that rather like expecting tap-dancing from a pig?

I thought it'd be like expecting a lifeform to breathe!!!!!!!

Dancing like a rhino on fire sounds entertaining though, and somewhat how I dance. Oddly...I think I prefer it that way too haha.

On that article and this whole thing; with Obama in the white house, will we finally see an end to this rubbish "war on terror" slogan?

the impression i got is that obama buys into the "war on terror" but thinks we should be focusing on afghanistan rather than iraq. personally, we should just tell the people of the middle east to move out if they want to live, then turn the whole area into a glass factory.

taks

PS: um, that's a joke. i am hinting at the simple notion that there is no one "source" of terrorism, as the whole of the middle east is complicit in one way or another, IMO.

comrade taks... just because.

And I think I would be deported to guntanamo for unamerican behavior if i was to say this in the US, but more people die in the US every year because they cant afford proper healthcare, than have ever been killed by terrorists. Is it really sane behaviour to prioritise terrorism in this situation?

Healthcare and the economy were each far higher on the list of "things that matter to you this election" according to polling agencies.

So no, I'd say it's not sane behaviour to still freak out about terrorism, and that's one of the reasons Obama won: people recognise this.

"and so on. And I think I would be deported to guntanamo for unamerican behavior if i was to say this in the US,"

Thais isn't a sane comment. You would not be deported for saying this in Amerika. People say much more 'controverisal' things then what you just did. Talk about usings care tatics. Republicans are far from the only ones to use scare tatics.

And, oh btw guys, when is Bush gonna declare himself Dicator/President For Life like most of the Anti Bush crowd claimed he was? I'm waiting for it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And, oh btw guys, when is Bush gonna declare himself Dicator/President For Life like most of the Anti Bush crowd claimed he was? I'm waiting for it.

It isn't January 20th yet.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

"and so on. And I think I would be deported to guntanamo for unamerican behavior if i was to say this in the US,"

Thais isn't a sane comment. You would not be deported for saying this in Amerika. People say much more 'controverisal' things then what you just did. Talk about usings care tatics. Republicans are far from the only ones to use scare tatics.

Probably around the same time you learn how to type properly.

So.. never then? Good to know.

Well I don't know a single person who claimed Bush was going to become 'dictator for life'.

And the 'anti-Bush' crowd is fairly large, for your information. I believe it comprises at least 2/3rds of Americans these days. Claiming most of them hold a silly belief like that is rather odd.

"Well I don't know a single person who claimed Bush was going to become 'dictator for life'.

And the 'anti-Bush' crowd is fairly large, for your information. I believe it comprises at least 2/3rds of Americans these days. Claiming most of them hold a silly belief like that is rather odd. "

L0L You claim that you never heard that claim yet that claim has been claimed on this very forum. Also, on any board that has politics talk the claim is made. Heck, even in 'rl', I've had people make the silly claim and they're not even Amerikans. Just fellow Kanadians who caught the extreme 'Bush is evil incarnate' disease tm.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My favourite irony for a while was that people who attacked Bush for being black and white about good and evil treated him as pure evil. A small pleasure, but fun all the same. There's a really festive witch-burning mood comes over any social occasion whenever he comes up.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.