Sins of a Solar Empire expansion: 'Entrenched'

Nick_i_am

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/sinsofa...topslot;thumb;1

New features include epic sized starbase for when you're serious about a planets defence. These things apparently cost as much as 5 capital ships.

Priced at $10 it's the first of three 'specilized' expansions, to be released in rapid succession, that each focus on specific aspects of gameplay.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Personally I wish the game experience was less balanced and even steven. Quite frankly the scale is too large for me to enjoy competitive netplay, so I only care about single player. This is where it becomes a little annoying that every race has the same basic ship types with different skins, and well a special ability or two.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I loved the polish.. but I only played it once or twice before selling my copy again. Couldn't get over the fact that it took place, only around 1-5 star systems, with dozens of habitable planets around each. That kinda killed the fun in it for me. I know it's somewhat naive to expect realism in a Sci-Fi strategy game, but something as unrealistic as a single star system with 10-30 of earth sized habitable planets, was a little too much.

Fortune favors the bald.

I know, I know..

It's silly, but I can't help it. Kinda the same with EU3, the graphics are so off putting to me, that I can stand to look at it for more than 10 minutes at the time. Still I own the game and won't sell it, out of loyalty to all the fun I had with EU2.

Fortune favors the bald.

Great game, can't wait for the expansions...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

It's silly, but I can't help it. Kinda the same with EU3, the graphics are so off putting to me, that I can stand to look at it for more than 10 minutes at the time. Still I own the game and won't sell it, out of loyalty to all the fun I had with EU2.

I'm with you on that actually. I'm a huge (addict level) fan of Hearts of Iron 2 (i'm serious, it's like crack to me), but I took one look at the graphical style of EU3 and simply decided that I wasn't interested. Shallow and probably stupid, sure, but I know exactly where you're coming from.

As far as Sins go, I don't own it, and the reason I never picked it up was that, polished as it was, it felt incomplete. The limited trade and diplomacy aspects really took away from the touted '4X' side of the gameplay, which was a huge negative. If these expansions deliver I could easily pick this up.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)