new laptop thingy

Walsingham

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1000H-BK007X-Netbo...786&sr=8-10

I decided I wanted something light and manoeuvreable.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thanks, Strix. Have you got one, then?

I'm trying to work out if I can get the Panzer General series of games on it. the true old skool ones running on windows 95. Also perhaps Chaos Gate. Do you think I could set up a win95 partition or something? They don't work under compatibility mode.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Only 1.4kg, thats not bad. Especially if you can run a lot of classics on it, besides work :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

She's a little beauty. I've called her Song of Silence.

-Elwood Blues

I like silent computers :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thanks, Strix. Have you got one, then?

Yes I had one for awhile, although mine was the old linux version and has since been given to a programmer I know as a small token of my appreciation; anyways, I've gotten to play around with one of the new XP EEE PCs since then and it's a nice little machine. I might get one if I ever need another ultra-portable.

Do you think I could set up a win95 partition or something? They don't work under compatibility mode.

Humm... I doubt it as Win 95/98 drivers do not, as far as I know, exist for the Intel 910 Chipset and Realtek audio. Here's the ASUS forum on non-XP Windows OS. And I found this list of games that you might want to look over as well.

securom2gu8.png

Awesome! Really appreciate it! -_-

EDIT: I can run Baldur's Gate! Muhuh, muhah, muahahahahahahahahah! :ermm:

-Elwood Blues

• 4 weeks later...
The character model on the background of your Dell Inspiron Mini 9 wouldn't be from a game Obsidian is producing would it?

it

is

a

mystery

How easy is it to type on the netbooks? The keyboards look a little cramped due to the small size.
It's not too hard. I haven't done any writing marathons on them, but for basic tasks it's fine. My hands are a little above average in overall size and my fingers are relatively thin. If you have beastly hands, you may have trouble. That said, the HP 2133 mini-note has a 92% size keyboard.

I don't think they're hard to work on at all. The keyboard is about the same size as an old Spectrum 48k. The screen size could be an issue, but so far no trouble at all. The more important thing is that they're properly portable. Good battery life, and very light.

-Elwood Blues

My father bought an Acer Aspire One 150 (the blue model). He's a mine worker. His hands look like "dasslock" (in Swedish). They're huuuge. But even he says he doesn't have any problems typing on it. I guess they did something right with those little thingies.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I want his sunglasses.

-Elwood Blues

Not gonna lie, that's an epic office. :lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I'm going to buy those babies.

EDIT:

"Do I look... like a dev?"

-Elwood Blues