Good Old Games

Azure79

Descent: Freespace was different though. Sure when I zoomed in on the ships, I got that same ugly texture look, but the game generally looks decent, space looks simple and nice, and zooming out and watching a big battle is pretty cool.

Another thing I found was that the controls were really clunky and hard. This is a game you'd definitely want to play with some kind of joystick. I don't think any other game I played had as hard of a control scheme on the keyboard and mouse. It will definitely take some time to get comfy with the controls.

Lastly, one thing I noticed was that in quite a few missions there's a lot of time spent just flying through space. Maybe I get bored too easily but I found that frustrating.

Those are all the 'negatives' in what otherwise was a really fun game. Maybe one day I'll be able to pick up a copy of Freespace 2 (played the demo and it looked a lot better for starters).

I'm having a hard time with the controls as well. I really want to play this game, but I can't even get past the third training level where I have to destroy waves of drones sufficiently enough to pass.

I tried using the keyboard mouse combo, but the mouse controls seem to erratic maybe...sensitive to get a hang of. Ah well, practice makes perfect.

I am hoping for a little more obscure games before I dive in. Like Redguard.. and Bioforge.. and Ultima Underworld 1 & 2..

I would suspect that they are working to get the rights to publish most of the better known older games before going after the more obscure titles, if only because there might be a larger market for games like Fallout as opposed to the one for the original Ultima titles. :ermm:

securom2gu8.png

i dont believe we ever see anything from EA IPs on GoG, tbh, you know, it's DRM free service...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm in the beta, but haven't bought anything since Operation Flashpoint isn't out yet.

Soldiers is tempting, but I already have it.

You're one of those scary hardcore OFP fans that we talk about at work as being the demographic of proportional hardcore gamers who are most likely to pick up OFP2?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I am hoping for a little more obscure games before I dive in. Like Redguard.. and Bioforge.. and Ultima Underworld 1 & 2..

Well i have UW1 & 2, both probably fall under my most favourite games ever... I've always wanted to play Bioforge just to see how the limp and physical response to damage worked out.

Redguard and Battle spire would be nice to play aswell...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Ultima 7 duology. From the Moby RPG article:

An element where Ultima 7 is (the article used "was", but that's stupid, so I decided to change "was" into "is") not matched is in the way it brings life to its world. It is the first RPG project to have professional scriptwriter brought on board; Raymond Benson directed the writing process. I figure it is him the honors of this social approach belong to. Every single NPC is written as an individual. No, there is not that much text, it is just written that convincingly. And unlike Ultima 6, NPCs really say different things depending on where to you talk to them. Also, the game uses its world to portray social problems like the class war, social tensions between rich and the poor, a well-fed conservative familiy making the life of a single mom difficult

Enough with the dancing clown.

I'm in the beta, but haven't bought anything since Operation Flashpoint isn't out yet.

Soldiers is tempting, but I already have it.

You're one of those scary hardcore OFP fans that we talk about at work as being the demographic of proportional hardcore gamers who are most likely to pick up OFP2?

I never even really played OFP aside from the demo. You're talking about the Nick.

Though the hardcore OFP loyal fanbase is likely going to get Armed Assault 2 before they ever touch OFP2.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up! It's online (open beta) and got goood stuff, for 6 or 10 dollars! All DRM free, working on XP and Vista. Now they need to expand their selection, and let's hope they can convince a few more publishers. So buy the stuff, give them publishers a reason to offer their games :lol:

*Downloading MDK 2*...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority