Gaming laptop

I'm in the market for a laptop, and wanted to know if you have any recomendations, I have around $1500.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Yeah, does it have to be a laptop? Because you can get a more than decent gaming system with $1500, but only a laptop that may run your games with ok settings. If it has to be a laptop, you can look for something that has a geforce 8700m or an ati radeon hd3850 mobile or better. Processors are mostly fast enough if they're dual core at 2.2GHz or above with 2GB RAM, but the graphics "cards" are mostly jokes.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I think that's what you call a contradiction in terms. Gaming laptop that is.

Wishful thinking, I guess

Yeah, does it have to be a laptop? Because you can get a more than decent gaming system with $1500, but only a laptop that may run your games with ok settings. If it has to be a laptop, you can look for something that has a geforce 8700m or an ati radeon hd3850 mobile or better. Processors are mostly fast enough if they're dual core at 2.2GHz or above with 2GB RAM, but the graphics "cards" are mostly jokes.

That sucks. My desktop is in no need for anything, except maybe a mobo that can tri-sli 280s. I need it to be a laptop because of school. I guess I could wait until Christmas and get an Alienware.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Wait, so you already own a gaming PC (except tri-SLI)? Why does your laptop have to be one for gaming?
I need it to be a laptop because of school.

Makes you wonder what the young ones do at school these days... :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wait, so you already own a gaming PC (except tri-SLI)? Why does your laptop have to be one for gaming?

Vacation.

I need it to be a laptop because of school.

Makes you wonder what the young ones do at school these days... :-

No, I usually pay attention, but I figure that if I'm gonna get a laptop, it should be able to play Starcraft and Diablo, because that's really all I need.

Thanks, that's convienient. :lol: Edited by I want teh kotor 3

No, I usually pay attention, but I figure that if I'm gonna get a laptop, it should be able to play Starcraft and Diablo, because that's really all I need.

If all you care about is Starcraft and Diablo then just about anything out there will do that. Unless you are referring to Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Those will need something better.

@Gorth: Nearly half the people in my lectures had laptops. I can recall one lecture that had a big UT match going on. About 30 people in the same class were all playing on the same server. :lol:

Unless you are referring to Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Those will need something better.

I was.

@Gorth: Nearly half the people in my lectures had laptops. I can recall one lecture that had a big UT match going on. About 30 people in the same class were all playing on the same server. :lol:
That must have been amusing. I remember one specific 17-person CounterStrike thing going on in chem once. Poor teacher didn;t even realize that I was the only one slightly paying attention. :- Edited by I want teh kotor 3

Alienware is a good choice, I've had one of their gaming notebooks in the past and it's held up well over the years. :sorcerer:

Yeah, I have an Alienware desktop, and I'm probably gonna wait and get one of their laptops too.

[Rant on]

I'd say poor students that actually pay full attention as I was one of them and it is incredibly annoying when some idiot is playing games next to you.

Hehe... How about a compromise then: Poor people trying to take their role seriously in such a situation? Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

You definitely pay more for an Alienware, but with that comes better customer service and better reliability.

And general win-ness.

Ideally I'd like this but then I'd definitely have to wait until cChristmas, and patience isn't my strong point.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3