Converting Others to Jedi?

G'day Folks,

I'm just wondering out aloud here....I have played through KOTOR 2 twice recently (once as LS Male then as LS Female) and there was one thing that has been bugging me.

When I play as LS Male I can turn Atton/Mira/Visa into Jedi but not Handmaiden, no matter how much I try. I have gone through her 3 tiers of Echani training and have full influence but still to no avail. The same can be said for playing LS Female. I can get Mira/Disciple/Visa to go Jedi but not Atton.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers in advance

Fluff

You're feeble skills are no match for the power of the Bumfluff!!

G'day Folks,

I'm just wondering out aloud here....I have played through KOTOR 2 twice recently (once as LS Male then as LS Female) and there was one thing that has been bugging me.

When I play as LS Male I can turn Atton/Mira/Visa into Jedi but not Handmaiden, no matter how much I try. I have gone through her 3 tiers of Echani training and have full influence but still to no avail. The same can be said for playing LS Female. I can get Mira/Disciple/Visa to go Jedi but not Atton.

Cheers in advance

Fluff

I do not know what to say for the handmaiden, when you end echani training, have full influence she should talk you about

her mother and accept jedi training (I never did it completely because I had a bug that bringed me on the accademy

on telos when I try to teach her the Jedi ways...)

As both male and female you can turn Atton to a jedi bringing him to nar shadda in the refuges sector. There you will meet two twi-lek who tell you to be carefull about Atton. After that you can speak him and after a long discussion he will become a jedi.

Ah, remember that there is another character who can be turned to a Jedi...

P.S. I'm sorry for my errors writing in english but I'm italian...

G'day Folks,

Cheers in advance

Fluff

I do not know what to say for the handmaiden, when you end echani training, have full influence she should talk you about

her mother and accept jedi training (I never did it completely because I had a bug that bringed me on the accademy

on telos when I try to teach her the Jedi ways...)

As both male and female you can turn Atton to a jedi bringing him to nar shadda in the refuges sector. There you will meet two twi-lek who tell you to be carefull about Atton. After that you can speak him and after a long discussion he will become a jedi.

Ah, remember that there is another character who can be turned to a Jedi...

P.S. I'm sorry for my errors writing in english but I'm italian...

No need to apologise Luke, you're English is fine! ....h yes, I think you are talking about Bao-Dur as the other character....For some reason I have no idea which planet is the trigger for Bao-Dur so I gave up on him altogether!

Edited by Jedi Master Bumfluff

You're feeble skills are no match for the power of the Bumfluff!!

Handmaiden is tricky because if you get too much influence with Visas too fast, it'll piss her off and she won't talk to you anymore... but, if you don't, you should be able to talk to Kreia about her mother and then go back to her after the third Echani training and convert her.

Atton isn't usually too bad, you just need to make sure your influence is high enough and go for a walk on Nar Shaddaa to talk to the Twi'lek.

Bao-Dur is actually the easiest in my opinion. He doesn't have a trigger. You just have to get enough influence with him and talk to him. He's easy to get influence with too, as a light sider.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I think the thing you're missing about Handmaiden is either, as gt3 said, you're gaining too much influence with visas too soon, or, you just aren't talking to Kreia about her mother. That's a major selling point when turning her into a jedi. :(

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Handmaiden is tricky because if you get too much influence with Visas too fast, it'll piss her off and she won't talk to you anymore... but, if you don't, you should be able to talk to Kreia about her mother and then go back to her after the third Echani training and convert her.

Atton isn't usually too bad, you just need to make sure your influence is high enough and go for a walk on Nar Shaddaa to talk to the Twi'lek.

Bao-Dur is actually the easiest in my opinion. He doesn't have a trigger. You just have to get enough influence with him and talk to him. He's easy to get influence with too, as a light sider.

Interesting...I was able to convert the Handmaiden to Jedi after dueling with her on the Ebon Hawk a few times. I was also able to convert Atton after Nar Shadaa. I was never able to convert Mira or Bao-Dur though. I never had much dialogue with Bao-Dur ever. There were just so few options. I used him earlier on as well. can you think of why this might have happened? Also, what is required to convert Mira? I've only played as LS male, btw.

Interesting...I was able to convert the Handmaiden to Jedi after dueling with her on the Ebon Hawk a few times. I was also able to convert Atton after Nar Shadaa. I was never able to convert Mira or Bao-Dur though. I never had much dialogue with Bao-Dur ever. There were just so few options. I used him earlier on as well. can you think of why this might have happened?

You need to both cycle through his various conversations (which are few and short) and build influence with him at the same time. The latter can be difficult, since he generally gains influence only if he is in the group to watch your benevolent acts, which almost always means taking LS points. And he has to be there to see it - you can't sweettalk your way to influence with Bao-Dur. However, if your influence is high enough with him and you've gone through the preceeding conversations, the option to convert him into a jedi guardian will automatically come about. At least it always has for me.

Also, what is required to convert Mira? I've only played as LS male, btw.

Simply. Build influence with her, then talk about jedi stuff with her. At one point she'll make a reference to Nar Shaddaa. When she does, tell her how Kreia once taught you to feel the city and that you'll do the same the next time you're there (you don't have to leave Nar Shaddaa for this, but you do have to have the talk on the Ebon Hawk). Then take her in the group to the central area of Nar Shaddaa where Kreia gave you her "feel the city" speech and the jedi bit will automatically trigger when you get to the right point.

Interesting...I was able to convert the Handmaiden to Jedi after dueling with her on the Ebon Hawk a few times. I was also able to convert Atton after Nar Shadaa. I was never able to convert Mira or Bao-Dur though. I never had much dialogue with Bao-Dur ever. There were just so few options. I used him earlier on as well. can you think of why this might have happened?

Bao-dur cannot be cannot be influenced through conversation - only trigger events - the atmospheric processors on Dantooine, the the broken speeder on Nar Shadaa, dealing with Akerre on Dantooine after finding his wrench, etc. The problem with Bao is that if any other party member is present at the time he or she (or it) will receive the influence shift instead, so it has to be just your character and Bao in the party.

Also, what is required to convert Mira? I've only played as LS male, btw.

Mira is the 2nd easiest character to Jedify, with only Disciple being easier.

You have to get enough influence with her first. Quite easy, as it can be done solely through conversation. Jedifying her requires that your character has either an INT of 14, WIS of 14 or Awareness of 10.

If your character has any of the above stats, during the first conversation with her ask her "Why don't you kill your targets?" You'll get a dialog option with either a WIS, INT or Awareness tag in front of it - it should be similar to this line:

"Because all life is connected, and Malachor proved it - you know what the loss of family means, even to your targets."

When your character says that line, Mira will become angry and blow off your character. Not to worry.

Immediately talk to her again and apologize. Follow this conversation as far as it goes.

When that conversation ends, talk to her again, asking her about growing up on Nar Shaddaa, Hanharr and why she doesn't kill her targets.

Take her back to the Ebon Hawk and talk to her while on board. Tell her she seems restless and follow out the dialog branches till you can tell her that you can take her to the spot on Nar Shaddaa where Kreia showed your PC the Force, which is near the railing in front of the entrance to the pazaak den and cantina. That spot is the only place that she can be Jedified.

Drag her back to that spot and a cut scene will trigger automatically. The dialog choices for your character during this scene are pretty obvious. When it ends you can start leveling her up as a Jedi.

You don't even have to leave Nar Shaddaa to turn her into a Jedi, and the conversations with her can be done back to back, without anything happening in between them.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by Neroyume

Jediphile, thanks for the response. After Telos, I only took Bao-Dur with me to a few places like Dantooine and the Sith Temple on Dxun as it was a lot more interesting to have one of the other NPCs with me such as the Handmaiden or Visas. I thought the influence got built by experience...didn't realize they had to be present with me everywhere I went. the other thing is that I did the planets after Telos in the order of Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon, Nar Shada and Korriban. Maybe that is why I didn't build enough influence with Mira?

Is there a formula for building influence and opening up dialogue aside from taking these NPCs with me?

Jediphile, thanks for the response. After Telos, I only took Bao-Dur with me to a few places like Dantooine and the Sith Temple on Dxun as it was a lot more interesting to have one of the other NPCs with me such as the Handmaiden or Visas. I thought the influence got built by experience...didn't realize they had to be present with me everywhere I went. the other thing is that I did the planets after Telos in the order of Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon, Nar Shada and Korriban. Maybe that is why I didn't build enough influence with Mira?

Is there a formula for building influence and opening up dialogue aside from taking these NPCs with me?

Most of the NPCs will respond to conversation alone. Heck, you can max influence with Visas in one conversation... Mira isn't that much harder, really.

Some, like Kreia, almost always require you take DS points to build influence, but can still be done almost entirely through conversation.

Bao-Dur is the tough one there, especially if you play DS, because there are very few places in the game, where you can build influence with him through simply conversation. Generally he gains influence only if he is in the party to see you perform acts that give you LS points, though only in some specific cases.

If you're really interested, I advice finding a walkthru or influence guide, where all these are listed.

For example, check here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/920601.html

Don't worry if it says Xbox and you're on the pc, since it's still the same game. I play the pc version, and it all worked out as it should, IIRC. For the walkthru, I recommend the one by DSimpson - it's very thorough.

Edited by Jediphile