Jagged Alliance 2

Humodour

...and the switch between burst and single fire *Oops*

Your stance also affects your accuracy. I.e. standing/kneeling/prone. There are some very good web sites out there with explanations of what exactly each gadget you can find can be used for. Remember that some of the "useless" things (coils, rods, superglue etc.) can be combined into useful things.

If you found the marbles, try throw them at somebody :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Get Fidel. Get Fidel. Get Fidel. Get Fidel. Get Fidel. Get Fidel. Get Fidel. Get Fidel. Get Fidel. Get Fidel.

Remember to repair your equipment during any and all downtime, helps a lot.

Did I mention that I like Fidel?

Remember that you can climb ontop of the roofs. Rooftop sniping is the key to many victories.

Wolf Sanderson is perhaps the best jack-of-all-trades and can with some training (or heavy use) become very good at either mechanics or explosives.

Leadership sucks rotten eggs, it ain't like raising militias is particularly slow or anything and the downtime is ussually usefull since Deidranna don't know what coordinated attacks are.

Fidel is quite good whichever way you put him, I'm slightly biased though.

Edit: Which traits did your IMP get?

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Thanks guys! Most of it is stuff I've figured out already (it really helps having played Fallout: Tactics), so it's good to have confirmation.

My traits are like: Automatic weapons and Night ops. What does Automatic weapons do? What's an automatic weapon? Big burst weapons right?

Automatic weapons are weapons with "Burst Mode"... at least I think they are. Always assumed that they were o:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Automatic weapons trait gives you less accuracy penalty when firing burst mode. Even lesser when you have expert automatic weapons trait.

Combine the traits with a prone stance, a tripod for your gun as well as a good support machine gun = PURE WIN.

In the original Jagged Alliance, I had Fidel and some ditzy girl on my team. There were no night missions in the original, so you kinda just simmed to the next day. One morning we woke up, and the ditzy girl was gone! Fidel claimed to have nothing to do with it, but I think we all know the truth >_<

Holy crap! Haha. I don't want some psycho killer on my team.

Well, the list of non-psycho killers in JA is pretty short. Besides, they have the best one-liners. Seriously, Razor and Haywire are the most entertaining duo in the game.

My favorite Jag 2 mercs:

Magic- All around coolest dude in the game. Expensive but who cares?

Shadow- Second onyl to Magic in cool factor

Scope (duh) - Good shot, lovely accent, night operations. What else do you need?

Raider- Great trainer, good shot, awesome for sector defense

Raven- Night operations, auto weapons, good shot. But no accent.

Wolf- All around solid yet inexpensive merc. Night operations

Danny- Awesome stats, good trainer, medic Can develop into an amazing merc given enough time

Steroid-Very cheap on a two week contract. Mechanics, lockipicking, good shot

Grizzly- my man! Heavy weapons, more strenmgth than a bulldozer. What's not to love?

Razor- Most fun MERC merc. I take him early and he stays with me the whole game. Unles he gets killed.

Maddog- Most fun NPC joinable. GOod stats are a bonus plus can lockpick anything in the game with only a little development.

Its funny that a non-crpg has better npc party members than almost all crpgs, innit?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I liked Ivan better in the original. I always grab Hitman. Sure, he's aged a good deal, but I have fond memories of him and he's still a great shot. Grunty is another one I had in the original game and grew fond of.

I like Ice as well. And don't forget Hamous!

Check out the history/biographies on the AIM website for some funny references to JA1 (including Hamous, Kline etc.)

The only thing I don't like about some of those mercs such as Hitman and Fox and Ivan and Igor is that they need a lot of sleep. My teams tend to travel a lot on foot and I can't stand wasting time sleeping.

The best thing about Razor is that he is so high strung that he only needs an hour or so of sleep a day.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If you intend to do a lot of walking around, make sure to give them some heavy equipment to carry around. Despite all their whining and complaining about their load, they will occasionally gain a STR point. Your tech guys should also gain a bit of... was it Agility or Dex? I need to play it again. Anyway, they gain a stat point every now and then besides increases to their repair skill when repairing stuff. Unlike a certain, not to be named badly designed crpg wannabe, the increases in stats and skills are limited and happens within reason >_

What's the point of strength though?

Seems useless.

And what's the point of having more than one person with mechanic, medical or explosive?

The more strength they have, the more they can carry around in a combat situation. Especially important for guys with heavy machine guns, mortars and LAW's. You don't want them to cross the battlefield at a snails pace ;)

I usually have one of each in each team. Sometimes a spare doctor. You need mechanics and doctors regularly to patch up equipment and mercs. If you have more than one, they speed up the "repair" process. Explosives is mostly for the fun factor. There will battles towards the end of the game where they are very convenient for marking booby traps on the ground (mine fields) with little flags ;)

Edit: Besides that, I like blowing things up

Whilst a team can only contain six mercs you can have as many teams as you like. This means you can field, if you like (and if you have the money), several teams worth of mercs in a sector to do some serious damage (this is recommended if you are playing with 1.13 since one of the options allows HUGE numbers of enemy soldiers to fight you).

As far as I can remember anyway...it's been at least a year since I replayed JA2.

You can field up to 18 mercs in each battle (3x6 mercs) and later you are going to need larger forces. Nothing like getting stuck in a battle with a handful of mercs, 20 militia men fighting on your side and a horde of Deirdrannas men invading your square :)