KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 25

hm... but why Obsidian does not create the third part of game? Why they can't complite this great project?

And what does Obsidian say about it?

They don't have a say in it. They want to do K3 and have said so several times, but LA owns Star Wars, and so it's all up to them. If they don't want to do K3, there is none. If they want K3, but don't want Obsidian to develop it, then Obsidian is out. LA wants to do only so many Star Wars games a year, and it seems right now other projects take priority for them. I'd agree if you think that blows, but there it is...

can there be a sticky that says kotor3=not mmo in 1000times font. Though I think jediphile likes posting his confirmation a Hundred times

Edited by Bass-GameMaster

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

It's horrible... How many years LA can be busy? How many years we will have been waiting?

But I feel that we will have seen K3... soon... And I don't know, why... but I feel...

I've just can't belive, that LA don't want cash. K3 is a real brilliant! If it is not, why so much people waiting the game so long?

It's horrible... How many years LA can be busy? How many years we will have been waiting?

But I feel that we will have seen K3... soon... And I don't know, why... but I feel...

I've just can't belive, that LA don't want cash. K3 is a real brilliant! If it is not, why so much people waiting the game so long?

funny I had the same feeling 2 years ago :ermm:

So why isn't it out yet :*

As much as I like KotOR, I'll be wary of K3. LA rushed TSL and released a game that is IMHO unfinished. And the reaction and reception was not kind, because a lot of sources seem to agree that Obsidian had done a fine job, which LA totally dropped the ball on. My own suspicion is that this matter is still so embarrasing to LA that they've put a hold on K3. I mean, they even nixed the content patch that Obsidian wanted to do, and now the FANS are finishing the game. Can it get more embarrasing? I wouldn't be surprised if LA is waiting for TSLRP to come out and make some waves, and once that's all over, then we'll hear about K3. Pure speculation on my part, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Guest The Architect

Makes perfect sense to me Jediphile. Why get the ball rolling on KotOR3 now when the balloon hasn't been inflated yet? KotOR2 was made over 3 years ago and people have jumped off the bandwagon. Many will return to the bandwagon when TSLRP comes out.

Give people a chance to play it, then talk about how cool KotOR2 is with TSLRP and how KotOR3 would be sweet and bang! Time to inflate the KotOR balloon once more. It's like filling a sink with hot soapy water just to wash one fork then empty the sink. You don't do that, it's a waste of perfectly good dish washing water. You wait till you've got more dishes to clean, then away you go.

But there is TFU and the Clone Wars movie still left unaccounted for under that scenario

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Makes perfect sense to me Jediphile. Why get the ball rolling on KotOR3 now when the balloon hasn't been inflated yet? KotOR2 was made over 3 years ago and people have jumped off the bandwagon. Many will return to the bandwagon when TSLRP comes out.

Give people a chance to play it, then talk about how cool KotOR2 is with TSLRP and how KotOR3 would be sweet and bang! Time to inflate the KotOR balloon once more. It's like filling a sink with hot soapy water just to wash one fork then empty the sink. You don't do that, it's a waste of perfectly good dish washing water. You wait till you've got more dishes to clean, then away you go.

Dude I don't know. When that kotor 3 rumor started with that like financial report the entirety of the internet was buzzing like crazy. I think there is still a huge base that is out there. But now I'd rather they just start the series over. It's been too long in my opinion and kotor 2 kind of bombed pretty bad.

I think from Lucas Arts perspective they definitely want to keep the idea of a star wars rpg/action/adventure game but they want to make sure they don't want to compete with biowares mass effect. I believe they are also looking to see how profitable mass effect's trilogy will become. I'm pretty sure once mass effect 2 rolls out and they get the numbers and it's favorable, they will either begin work on kotor 3 or a new trilogy ip in the same genre. But then again I don't know what I'm talking about.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

How did KOTOR 2 bomb? :brows:

If someone hadn't found out about the cut stuff, it wouldn't have gotten any bad news at all. It got enough RPG of the year awards and sold enough copies to be far from a bomb.

Why would LucasArts care about how good Mass Effect is selling?

This is Star Wars, and it's KOTOR, they know how successful this franchise is, no need to look at others at all.

How did KOTOR 2 bomb? :brows:

If someone hadn't found out about the cut stuff, it wouldn't have gotten any bad news at all. It got enough RPG of the year awards and sold enough copies to be far from a bomb.

Why would LucasArts care about how good Mass Effect is selling?

This is Star Wars, and it's KOTOR, they know how successful this franchise is, no need to look at others at all.

Kotor 2 was buggy as hell and unfinished. It may not have been a financial bomb completely but it wasn't exactly a blockbuster either.

And why would lucas arts care about mass effect? I don't know becuase it's a competing product? They are both sci fi rpg/action adventures that would be released on xbox 360 in the same time frame.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

KOTOR was buggy as well.

A game being unfinished and a developer getting criticized for it has nothing to do with bombing.

TSL wasn't as big as KOTOR, but hardly any sequel beats a successor of such scale. It didn't disappoint either.

And?

They wouldn't be released at the same time, now would they. Of course they wouldn't put it head-to-head with Mass Effect, but that's common behaviour and done with every game. Every company tries to get their product released at a time where the competition is low. You wouldn't have seen GTA and Halo go head-to-head either. Seeing how the year consists of 12 months, and quite a few RPGs fit into that time frame, Mass Effect would have zero effect on KOTOR.

They don't need to look at how profitable Mass Effect 2 and 3 will be, because it has absolutely nothing to do with how successful KOTOR 3 would be.

Edited by Dark Wastl

want to know why it was rushed in the first place? Because people that are begging for its release some just wanting a damn glimpse of it. I wish to see it come out as much as anyone else, but I'd rather give it more time to make sure everything is in its right place and tested through and through. If people think KOTOR2 was bad then that proves how mental you are and blind towards a good game. Now what made it "bad" is the removed content,bugs, and rushed plot. This is what I fear for its 3 version because like jediphile and architect said we don't want the baloon before its even inflated.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

want to know why it was rushed in the first place? Because people that are begging for its release some just wanting a damn glimpse of it.

Nope, that's not why it was rushed. :facepalm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

DN, you're partially wrong.

TSL's release date was made earlier partially to huge bawwiing and all that jazz

Really

So, thanks a lot, dimwits

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I didn't said it was main factor. Notice the word "partially"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

as much as George likes money he doesn't seem to be playing his cards right so far , well in the kotor franchises terms

George has his own gizkas to fry

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Actually on some level i do believe George has some input. I remember watching a dev diary on the force unleashed and all their main ideas had to be passed by lucas himself before they could continue into design. I mean after that he's basically out of the loop becuase he's too busy counting his money but still he has a pretty major impact.