What kind of character should I make?

What kind of character do you suspect the Exile is in canon?

I suspect she's a Sentinel, but that has more to do with me seeing Revan and Malak as Consular and Guardian respectively and wanting to complete that trifecta.

Given how Revan is constantly described as this great strategist and warlord, I'd assume him to be a guardian over a consular or guardian. The same could be said for the exile, "The General". Then again, even if they both began as guardians, that doesn't mean they went back to the class when they began rebuilding their powers and experience from scratch.

Personally, though, I think canon will never deal with this. The jedi classes were created solely for the D20 RPG and never had much place in canon, where jedi were just jedi without particular distinction other than individual skills gained by each. I prefer it that way. The only indication of the class-structure sneaking into canon that I've seen is how all the jedi masters on Taris in the KotOR comic book except for Lucien are clearly consulars, but that can be associated closer to their abilities as seers rather than a defined class structure. Personally I prefer to think of the classes as pure game mechanics that have no place in canon. I mean, what's with the nonsense of lightsaber colours for each class? Luke went from a blue lightsaber to a green lightsaber, so does that mean he went from being a guardian to a consular? Nonsense. I just ignore it. Jedi can have whatever lightsaber colours they want and there are no class-distinctions between them IMHO.

K guys, that's enough mocking poor Brittany. She's already said she'll give man-Exile a whirl.

That was not my intent, and I'm sorry if it was taken as such. That statement merely puzzled me.

Edited by Jediphile

Just modify your game, or install the preexisting modification, so you get the Handmaiden while you are a female - it's not that complicated. :(

I just downloaded the mod that allows you to get Handmaiden as a female exile. Seems interesting...

I have two questions though:

1) I just got on Telos with my female PC (and without having the mod installed) and I saw a cutscene where Handmaiden was watching me arrive. Is that normal? Do you get to interact with her even if you play a female Exile?

2) How do you get the light side and dark side endings? Does the story branch near the end of the game like in Kotor 1 and Jade Empire? Or do I need to be goody-goody or evil during my whole playthrough?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

1) I just got on Telos with my female PC (and without having the mod installed) and I saw a cutscene where Handmaiden was watching me arrive. Is that normal? Do you get to interact with her even if you play a female Exile?

Yes and yes. You can interact with both Disciple and Handmaiden regardless of gender. It's just that only one of them end up joining your party.

2) How do you get the light side and dark side endings? Does the story branch near the end of the game like in Kotor 1 and Jade Empire? Or do I need to be goody-goody or evil during my whole playthrough?

I'm not absolutely certain what triggers it, but it seems to be whatever side of the force you lean towards (neutral taking the LS path) when you finally get the jedi masters to meet. Unlike KotOR1, there is no climactic part of the game, where you must make a conscious choice to be LS or DS. So yes, in a way you have to actually play the side you want to see come to pass in the endgame. It doesn't trigger until after you've found all the jedi masters, but obviously you're likely so extreme toward one side by then that it'll be difficult to change, though not impossible.

Oh well, I guess you have just convinced me to play the game twice... :o

:o That came out worded wrongly, almost demanding you play both genders. That was not my intention. :blush10: It was supposed to say "This is one of the few games almost require that you play through as either gender". I have no idea how that 'I' got in there.

But I'm glad you decided to play both anyway. :lol:

oh, you need to play it at least four times if not the maximum 1152 variations

Edited by Swxpert