I need a free anti-spyware

ramza

Hi guys,

I have been using AVG anti-spyware till recently. Unfortunately, the company has stopped providing updates and asks for a monthly fee in order to have the benefits of an anti-spyware program.

Is there some other similar programs that I could trust? There's spybot search and destroy, microsoft windows defender and lavasoft's ad-aware. Which one is the best? Should I use two or more at the same time?

Just another question since I am here: do I really need a firewall other than the one provided by Windows? I have Commodo firewall installed on my other pc but I don't really see the use of it. I don't download torrents, I don't play online, etc. What do you guys think?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Ooops. Seems that the new version of avg anti-virus also tracks spyware. I guess I will stick with that...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

What I was told was adaware and spybot S&D. I only use spybot S&D. However I also use two anti-virus programs with anti-spyware enabled as well. No need to give away what they are.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.