Major bug on Vista, help please

Hi, i have been playing KOTOR2 (latest patch) on a dell inspiron 1720 with windows vista computer with 4g ram, 320 g hard drive, geforce 8600 video card and an intel 17250 processor. I have been able to play the game by disabling the sound but i have now run into problems. I am in the secret station on telos (beggininng of campaign) but instead of going into the force cages my two companions stay in the foyer. i can go and talk to the jedi master and all that but afterwards i can't get anywhere because i can't get in my ship because my companions aren't where they are supposed to be! The technician dude is always on a heap on the floor in one of the cages but no matter what i do, or how many times i go back and try it again the other two people just sit there. If i try to talk to the guy it gives me two dialouge options which are as following: [cheat node] Initiate dialouge with (whatever the jedi masters name is) or [cheat node] initiate dialouge with Kreia. If you click on the first one you go through the whole dialouge thing again with the jedi and nothing changes (you can do it again and again by clicking on this option) and if you click on the latter the camera view changes and that is it. What should i do? Is there anything i can do? Thanks.

Q. I am at the Telos Academy. Instead of being locked up my teammates stand behind me and they talk about a Cheat Node

A. This following issue has been caused by the 1.0B patch. There are 3 known solutions to fix this issue

1. Re-install Kotor2 without 1.0B

2. When entering the Academy, first ask who they are. Dropping your weapons immediately actually causes this bug to happen.

3. Thanks to Darth333 for this 3rd option.

This one can come in handy if you haven't got a savegame from before the Academy, or that one is too far away from your current position

The solution requires to set the global variable 262TEL_Atton_Talk" to 1 with KSE. The latest version of KSE is available here:

(people who have the non-english version of windows have to download KSEa instead of KSE).

It's very easy to do and it takes no more than one minute. Here's a screenie of what it looks like

With the TSLRP mod soon to be released, the old fix for this has been removed from their website because it would conflict with the finished mod. When the mod is completed and released, it will fix this error.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

O RLY? :grin:

*sigh* Read it... it's the well-known bug that was included in the 1.0b patch.

Rushed patch, for a rushed product *sigh again*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Because (unless you have an Intel Chipset) there aren't any noteworthy fixes, while it introduces a game-stopping bug?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

As has been mentioned, there are a few solutions for this, the best probably being to choose a different dialogue option in that conversation.

I don't think the thread has anywhere on-topic left to go, so I'm locking it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)