And this is why there should be more sex-ed...

I don't belive i've given a personal opinon on this topic as much as simply highlighted a few of the issues surrounding it.

Use of words such as 'theoretical' should have shown this.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Just a thought, isn't the increasing unattractiveness (violence, bullying etc.) of the public school system a result of more and more parents failing at being parents rather than a failing of the public school system?

Not in the U.S. Here, it is the bad education policy of the Bush administration and so called "No Child Left Behind".

NCLB Act

This doesn't precisely show the corruptness of the act, however. Short story: everyone gets average knowledge: dumb kids do learn at expense of smart kids and everyone turns into average numbskulls. Whats more ironic is the fact that theres going to be no U.S. middle class yet everyone coming out of school will have the skills to get nothing but middle-class paying jobs. LOL.

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

Just a thought, isn't the increasing unattractiveness (violence, bullying etc.) of the public school system a result of more and more parents failing at being parents rather than a failing of the public school system?

Thank you for pointing that out. The blame is often shoved on the teachers, when they are facing overly large class sizes and students who don't have any clue what respect is.

My wife's students don't even look forward to the holiday breaks. Time at home = misery for many of them.

Thank you for pointing that out. The blame is often shoved on the teachers, when they are facing overly large class sizes and students who don't have any clue what respect is.

My wife's students don't even look forward to the holiday breaks. Time at home = misery for many of them.

Not underpaid teacher's fault but the government's and many students nationwide unwilling to cooperate in their schooling.

Nick and Nightshade check the political party thingee. Revisions good? You guys don't have to cuddle. :lol:

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

Spoiler tags, as it's about posts not in discussion right now:

I'm actually very critical indeed of society, some would even say anti social, (thx Gorth for bringing this up :lol:), not conservative at all in most ways, and, while not member of a church, 'religious' enough, and against any form of binding judgment both by parents and state. Or, not against judgment, but rather condemnation that has to be followed. And walkerguy could be kind of right when he assumes that people would get satanists insofar as the 'church of satan' is very adapted to strict egoism and capitalism.

To the point raised by Gorth: Yes, I could imagine that. Parents neglecting or overprotecting/commanding their children could further such behaviour, and also help the victims being more seriously affected by it.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Nick and Nightshade check the political party thingee.

I did, and I was, unsurprisingly, extremely leftist when it came to social issues and semi-leftist on economic matters. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

That was a ****ing waist of time and money in my opinion, as it really only changed things for the worse. Now everything is about test scores, not actual learning - what a waste of effort and time. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Nick and Nightshade check the political party thingee.

I did, and I was, unsurprisingly, extremely leftist when it came to social issues and semi-leftist on economic matters. :)

*Scratches head and resolves never to become a political analyst* BTW, sp. error on second post.

Twitter | @Insevin

Personally I am in favour of home-schooling but only really in the following two cases:

1) Child is just too far ahead academically, but pushing them up a few grades is inappropriate (Giftedness)

2) A desire to push the child academically (it's certainly a myth that schools go at the exact pace a child learns at - most children learn much faster)

I think home-schooling for religious purposes is immoral.

I agree that lumping in HPV seems like over-egging the pudding to me. I know it's serious, but its also crying wolf over much more serious diseases like syphilis and HIV.

Well, sure, HPV is fairly harmless now. And who do you have to thank for that?

That's right. Australia. :thumbsup: