Arkan's Big Move

Arkan

Congrats, mate. Just don't do what I did and quickly lose the income you need to maintain it! :thumbsup:

How did that happen?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Congrats, mate. Just don't do what I did and quickly lose the income you need to maintain it! :thumbsup:

How did that happen?

Excessive honesty. i refuse to sign off stuff that isn't absolutely correct, and not just politically OK. I annoyed a client because I criticised them when it counted. They coudn't do anything about it because I was right. but it rubbed some folk the wrong way. But i'm slowly getting back up to speed again. In the end the people who matter value integrity.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yes. I too desire secret trading info.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect
"Big whoop, wanna fight about it?"

wannafightaboutit1ea.jpg

Yeah whatever. I was just offering a suggestion, to use the quote tags instead of spamming.

Is $1100 much for an apartment in the US? It doesn't sound like much to me..

I live in a crappy student apartment, in a student's area of Uppsala (small Uni town). The house was built in the sixties and has very low standards for being in Sweden. My apartment has three rooms and I pay appr. $740 a month for it. I have NOTHING in the complex, not even my own washing machine! No fire place either.. I'd have to pay extra if I wanted a parking space..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I live in a crappy student apartment, in a student's area of Uppsala (small Uni town). The house was built in the sixties and has very low standards for being in Sweden. My apartment has three rooms and I pay appr. $740 a month for it. I have NOTHING in the complex, not even my own washing machine! No fire place either.. I'd have to pay extra if I wanted a parking space..

It's all relative to area, or even street by street sometimes. :o

In "expensive" cities, $1100 is fairly cheap if you're only talking about price and nothing else. Course, size of the rented space + features + area/street is more important in terms of defining what "cheap" is. A 1-3 bedroom, 600sq. ft. to 1500sq. ft. place might be between $1200-$3500 a month where I live. Tiny 400-500sq. ft. studio apartments (those w/out any separated rooms except for the bathroom) might run between $900-$1300. Most apts/condos would have at least 1 covered parking space and complex laundry facilities - even if that only means a single washer/dryer shared by 8 units - but not all the very cheapest rentals do.

Rents were higher a few years ago - they've been going down/stabilized some now. That's based on my observations of the area, others might think differently. :p

But in some areas of the US, it's a lot cheaper to rent than where I am - ie, you'd get two or three times the rental for the money, so to speak.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...

It's all relative to area, or even street by street sometimes. :)

In "expensive" cities, $1100 is fairly cheap if you're only talking about price and nothing else. Course, size of the rented space + features + area/street is more important in terms of defining what "cheap" is. A 1-3 bedroom, 600sq. ft. to 1500sq. ft. place might be between $1200-$3500 a month where I live. Tiny 400-500sq. ft. studio apartments (those w/out any separated rooms except for the bathroom) might run between $900-$1300. Most apts/condos would have at least 1 covered parking space and complex laundry facilities - even if that only means a single washer/dryer shared by 8 units - but not all the very cheapest rentals do.

Rents were higher a few years ago - they've been going down/stabilized some now. That's based on my observations of the area, others might think differently. :down:

But in some areas of the US, it's a lot cheaper to rent than where I am - ie, you'd get two or three times the rental for the money, so to speak.

Yeah, it depends on area. Where I'm from, WV, rent for a two story town house, 2 bed, 2 bath is probably about $600. Of course, WV is the cheapest place to leave in the country. For my size place, it's more like $450 a month. Of course, there are no places in WV that have gas fireplaces, gas ranges, washer/dryer in unit, swimming pool and hot tub, fitness room, billiards lounge, business center, swank lobby area, gated community, etc. $1100 for all of that is not bad, methinks.

Pics coming in a minute.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Virtual Nickel Tour:

IMAGE_045.jpgIMAGE_081.jpg

IMAGE_042.jpgIMAGE_054-1.jpg

There are also vaulted ceilings and with nice crown molding

Edited by Arkan

more:

IMAGE_066.jpgIMAGE_078.jpg

IMAGE_051.jpgIMAGE_087.jpg

The balcony is bigger than it looks in the picture.

The view:

IMAGE_093.jpgIMAGE_096.jpg

Edited by Arkan

I didn't include all the pics I have, such as the bathroom, bedroom, closets, and laundry room...felt they weren't needed.

You need to put your TV on a diet. It's fat.

If only brand new 42" LCDs were free...

Nice pad and Im mildly impressed with the attempts at decor, you know, for a bachelor and all. :thumbsup:

Haha, yeah, tell me about it. Everything you see was either given to me, or I had for a while. I had a bunch of little silver container/bowls/baskets/etc. And the only thing I could think of to put in them were those little potpourri globes that are all the rage now. But yeah, I worked with what I had.

My TV says screw you.

ROFL

I agree it looks like you've got it pretty good. Of course MINE used to look like that, before I realised I could leave it much more messy/ had to squeeze in all my military kit. My second bedroom is supposed to be my office but at present it's mainly just a bergen explosion. :brows:

-Elwood Blues

My TV says screw you.

ROFL

I agree it looks like you've got it pretty good. Of course MINE used to look like that, before I realised I could leave it much more messy/ had to squeeze in all my military kit. My second bedroom is supposed to be my office but at present it's mainly just a bergen explosion. :brows:

I only have one bedroom. But so far, I still have way more storage than I need. My huge walk in closet is still 80% empty as is the storage part of my laundry room and both my pantries, haha. I just don't have a lot of excess stuff I guess.

Poor naive fool.:brows: You will soon run out of space.

-Elwood Blues

Poor naive fool.:) You will soon run out of space.

That's what everyone is telling me, sans the naive fool, part ( o:) )

Only thing is, I have no idea what I would buy that would take up more space at this point...ahh, the life of a single male :)

Edited by Arkan

Poor naive fool.:) You will soon run out of space.

That's what everyone is telling me, sans the naive fool, part ( o:) )

Only thing is, I have no idea what I would buy that would take up more space at this point...ahh, the life of a single male :)

I'll give you a clue. It begins with 'P'.

-Elwood Blues

P, huh?

does it end with "ussy"?

Pies! Great hudge scadges of pie.

I had a dream about pies last night. Pies and Command and Conquer.

-Elwood Blues

I had a dream about pies last night. Pies and Command and Conquer.

I had that same dream! :)