Xbox 360 Revolutions

Nick_i_am

hey jag here's Mirror's Edge, taht PC and 360 game I told you about earlier with the uber graphics

Done by the Swedes at Digital Illusions(DiCE)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If it is done by DICE then it has chance of being good :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I had the chance to sneak a peek at concept art and storyboard for this game 6months ago and although I cant tell if it has a real story, it does have cutscenes.

Im more excited about Battlefield Bad Company though, Ive craved a singleplayer shooter since Battlefield 2 came out.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The irony is that it's PC snobs who are still playing the same 10 year old crap who could be said to hate games, unless liking a tiny subsect of the gaming market excuses them because 'dude, those are REAL games'.

Nice work you freaking hippy, get a job.

Hades is more of a gamer than a PC snob will ever be.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

WOOHOOO! :woot:

Waitaminute... :p

Grrr... :bat:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The irony is that it's PC snobs who are still playing the same 10 year old crap who could be said to hate games, unless liking a tiny subsect of the gaming market excuses them because 'dude, those are REAL games'.

Nice work you freaking hippy, get a job.

You're just angry because you can't afford a real PC, you snob.

Nice try though you freaking hippy, get a job.

Actually, i'm on a duelcore 4ghz with 256 of video memory. I need it for 3D work, so i'd be an idiot if I didn't use it for games too.

Not the best computer ever made but it plays NWN2 and Supcom on high settings without a hitch.

See, I love PC games, I just don't BOOHOO WAH WAH over having to use a controler.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

no, I mean an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ with a GeForce 7900 GS.

And when I do serious 3D work i'd WANT somthing better than a 256, but the 256 works fine for now and i've got a second computer for rendering, meaning the time isn't really an issue.

Funny though, it's almost as if you're saying you don't belive that I actually have a half-good PC, meaning I can't possibly like PC games, like Nexus, Hearts of Iron 2, Age of Empires 3, Sacrifice, Giants, Battlezone 2 and whatever others my shelves are lined with.

BOOHOO WAH WAH.

Hadescopy.jpg

Why get a "real" PC when a console fulfills all one's gaming desires? Why spend more money than you have to?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

That's fine Nick, didn't want to make you angry. Me stills runs a 5 years old P4 3Ghz HT, X1950 Pro and 2 Gig RAM, and I even played Gears of War with all details fine with that. I never found a pressing reason to upgrade, although I will this July (Core 2 Quad, 4 Gig RAM, GF 9600GT) just to be prepared for Dragon Age, Project Origin and Alpha Protocol.

Neither did I find a pressing reason to get a X360, since most games there don't interest me, or get released for PC anyway. There are some fine games, like Heavy Rain, that are PS3 exclusive though...well.

Edited by Morgoth

I'll be honest and say that the ONLY reason I got a 360 was the online functionality, which only came into play because i've got friends who also own one.

If I didn't I wouldn't have picked one up (not yet, cirtainly), which makes all arguments against the 360 completely legitimate when they come from people who don't just hate consoles on principle.

I'm not even saying the current generation of consoles/games is worth a crap, but people who don't like the SNES officially have no soul.

Hadescopy.jpg

I'm not even saying the current generation of consoles/games is worth a crap, but people who don't like the SNES officially have no soul.

Even the SNES were mainly good for co-op (never mind the fact that I can't find co-op pics on google.):

Legend_SNES_ScreenShot3.gif300px-TokkaRahzarTMNTGame.jpg

Me and a friend of mine ruined our controllers from playing these too much.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Huge library of high quality games, both single and multplayer, made before the playstation era of 'frat-boy casual console games' came along and crapped it all up. The same could probably be said of the Mega Drive too.

The PS/PS2 were awful for coop (though a few titles stand out) and not brilliant for much else (though there were cirtainly enough good titles for me to justify my purchase at the time) and the N64 simply didn't have enough games that would still be playable today.

The Dreamcast died a horrible death (despite having some brilliant games) and the Gamecube was mostly irrelivent.

Hadescopy.jpg

And when I do serious 3D work i'd WANT somthing better than a 256, but the 256 works fine for now and i've got a second computer for rendering, meaning the time isn't really an issue.

You're a 3D doodler? Realli? Or is this another thing like the other thing? :)

Other thing? What other thing? His Llyranor fetish?

In any case, I'd be able to repair my CoD4 disc for 20bucks through Activision, so it'll eventually get done.

In any case, Nick and me replayed a bit of Rainbow Six Vegas (terrorist hunt) with another dude in anticipation for the sequel. We should try to get some gaming going with that loser Kor. Be prepared to be coerced into getting it if Kor likes it, jags.

The Halo3 campaign is surprisingly more replayable than I thought. Iron mode (one player dies = last checkpoint reload) is actually making it more fun. I can foresee future playthroughs with different skulls enabled (limited ammo, extra enemy rank/hp, extra enemy grenades, etc). Where the crap is Krook?

Anyway, final exams (EVER) are coming 6-7 weeks from now, so I'm limiting my gaming time. What little I'll be able to squeeze in will be during weekends.

Hadescopy.jpg