NHL

SteveThaiBinh

"This is the NHL thread. I'm talking about Bruins fans. The other sports can die off for all I care."

Don't mind me. I'm just grumpy over the disaster of a weekend. L0L

LMAO @ video :shifty:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I can't really make up my mind as to what the best way to go would be with this situation. The ownership group gets major props for keeping the team alive and in Edmonton when it counted. But Katz and his money has the ability to really retool this franchise.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"This is the NHL thread. I'm talking about Bruins fans. The other sports can die off for all I care."

Don't mind me. I'm just grumpy over the disaster of a weekend. L0L

LMAO @ video :sweat:

I don't usually mind you, but maybe next time I should have added a :p.

:p

I can't really make up my mind as to what the best way to go would be with this situation. The ownership group gets major props for keeping the team alive and in Edmonton when it counted. But Katz and his money has the ability to really retool this franchise.

I think I am pulling for Katz. The biggest investors of the EIG all feel that Katz' offer is best for them, the team, and the city. In the end, Oilers get a stable owner (not that the EIG isn't stable), but also one that is an Oilers fan, and the EIG investors get a healthy compensation for the risks they took a decade ago.

It seems the splinter group that wants to keep the team are a bunch of smaller investors, and a bit of me thinks that they don't want to give up their stake because they like saying that they are owners of the local pro sports team.

We won! Four out of the last five, baby! Captain Clutch joins Maurice Richard on the all-time scoring list at 544 goals scored with his game winner with 30 seconds left of the game :D

Ovechkin is amazing though. He's scores nearly 30% of his teams goals. Scored his 39'th of the season against us tonight..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Wow. Alfredsson just vaulted himself into first place in points overall. He had 7 points (3 goals, 4 assists) tonight against Tampa Bay, while Lecavalier was held off the score sheet. >_<

EDIT: TSN seems confused. 3 goals, 4 assists, but somehow he has 6 points tonight?

Edited by Deraldin

I had Alfredsson benched because he was day-to-day. :(

Anyway, I still think Vinny will win the scoring race, but even if Alfie is 5-10 points behind, it's hard to argue against him being the best player in the game. He's extremely good defensively both by his stick and body and a great leader. Vinny is those things too but not at the level of Alfie.

I'm glad I was working and couldn't watch the Oilers game tonight. 13 shots against the Sharks? Ouch.

It wasn't as bad as the stats show. Garon played well and kept Edmonton in it until the empty net goal. Nabokov was challenged a few times thoug,h so that's something. It sounds like it's cold up there!

It's been hovering around the -40 mark for the last few days.

Holy snap, Brad Richards has been playing with Mono for the past few months. Isn't that like highly contagious or something?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Aw, single-handedly beaten by Ovechkin. 5 point night for Ovechkin with 4 goals and 1 assist. Final score was 5-4 in overtime over Montreal. At least they managed to salvage a point from what was apparently a very poor game for the Habs.

EDIT: Watching the TSN highlights it looks like the refs robbed the Leafs of a win tonight. Possible high stick goal by Carolina counted. Blake's goal just inside the post waved off...

Edited by Deraldin

"Aw, single-handedly beaten by Ovechkin"

O RLY? I thoguht he scored 4 goals, not 5. I'd also like to see him beat Montreal all by himself the old fashion manly way - literally single handledly. Sadly, as awesome as he is, he is just not good enough for that.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Aw, single-handedly beaten by Ovechkin"

O RLY? I thoguht he scored 4 goals, not 5. I'd also like to see him beat Montreal all by himself the old fashion manly way - literally single handledly. Sadly, as awesome as he is, he is just not good enough for that.

R00fles!

Would you prefer I had said "almost single-handedly"? :thumbsup:

If there was any player in the league that could take on a team by himself, it would be Ovechkin.

That being said, I really hate Dallas. I hope that the whole team comes down with something non lethal yet debilitating, like explosive diaherra or something along those lines. Or maybe a case of temporary blindness, at least for the two and a half hours that they have to play the Oilers.

Damn it now it's 2-1!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif