Ruleset for Future Star Wars CRPGs - Star Wars Saga Edition

Wow, I didn't know they had done this.

Gonna have to check it out. :)

It is indeed worth checking out. The underlying d20 system is the same, but there are some notable changes to the rules. Some of these changes will apparently make it into the 4th Edition of D&D in somewhat modified form. I like what they have done with it and it does fit the Star Wars feel, but I am not so sure on seeing similar changes in 4E D&D - but we will soon see how that will turn out.

I don't like the skill system and the defense system. Also they really dumbed done force use to one skill.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I hate cinematic PnP RPGs. I don't want to be a hero. I just want to play a character who is at the wrong place at the wrong time and has to some how survive. Now that is fun.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I hate cinematic PnP RPGs. I don't want to be a hero. I just want to play a character who is at the wrong place at the wrong time and has to some how survive. Now that is fun.

Star Wars, though, has inherent cinematic connotations, due to its derivation from the films. Hence the ruleset fits the setting rather well. As I already mentioned, I am rather less certain if similar rules would fit other settings.

Glad to help!

I'm picking up Alora vibes here.

Must maintain sanity.

I am afraid I am missing the "Alora vibes" reference. Not even a google search for "Alora" or "Alora vibes" turned up anything related... Can you expound?

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/npcs.php#alora

She is infuriatingly nice and happy.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Star Wars, though, has inherent cinematic connotations, due to its derivation from the films. Hence the ruleset fits the setting rather well. As I already mentioned, I am rather less certain if similar rules would fit other settings.

I guess, but I rather be the guy who watches the Falcon fly off getting shot at Stormtroopers, and while all that is going on take out one trooper by himself from behind, steal his gear, and sell it to jawas.

I guess, but I rather be the guy who watches the Falcon fly off getting shot at Stormtroopers, and while all that is going on take out one trooper by himself from behind, steal his gear, and sell it to jawas.

man that bites, use a grenade take out several storm troopers, steel their stuff and sell it to jawas.

or you could just drop that grenade in the torleit in the officer's mess and take them out , steal their stuff.

either way ... hope you have a cloakable ship...

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

• 1 month later...

You know as well as I do that any future single player Star Wars CRPG will have greater scope than that.