Connect to another computer wirelessly...

Arkan

So my laptop came in, and there's a bunch of information I want to transfer from my desktop. They are both wireless.

Also, is it possible to syncronize outlook between two computers this way?

Finally, my laptop has a series of LED lights including wifi, power, battery, and bluetooth. Does this mean it has built in bluetooth, or is that just a standard label that goes on all Dells? If it does, I can't figure out how to enable it. :|

Thanks.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Windows XP? Enable filesharing on the appropriate drives and look for the computer on the network (My Network Places -> Show Entire Network).

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Does this mean it has built in bluetooth, or is that just a standard label that goes on all Dells? If it does, I can't figure out how to enable it. :|

Thanks.

Most likely, yes, it does have Bluetooth. Going from how my cellular Bluetooth works, when a Bluetooth enabled device is present (IE: a printer) you will put your PC Bluetooth into "search mode" while said device is on. The PC will "find" the device and then you just follow the steps to link them. This is necessary to "slave" the Bluetooth links so not just anyone using Bluetooth in the vicinity would hop your signal, or vice versa.

Does this mean it has built in bluetooth, or is that just a standard label that goes on all Dells? If it does, I can't figure out how to enable it. :|

Thanks.

Most likely, yes, it does have Bluetooth. Going from how my cellular Bluetooth works, when a Bluetooth enabled device is present (IE: a printer) you will put your PC Bluetooth into "search mode" while said device is on. The PC will "find" the device and then you just follow the steps to link them. This is necessary to "slave" the Bluetooth links so not just anyone using Bluetooth in the vicinity would hop your signal, or vice versa.

I'm aware of how bluetooth works. My problem is that I can't find any settings for it on my lappy. It should be right there under control panel, but no...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Windows XP? Enable filesharing on the appropriate drives and look for the computer on the network (My Network Places -> Show Entire Network).

I'm getting two different things on my laptop and pc, and neitherof them has the option to show entire network...