Light or Dark?

just wondering what you guys think is better... Light side or Dark side.

i personally think that light side fells more rewarding and more better then going around and killing anything you can. :yucky:

A certain annoying, pathetic, furry, purple dinosaur should be:

1. Held up as a loving role model for children

Lightside because while people maybe weak or stupid, they still deserve help. Being a Jedi is raising above your own selfish goals, and rather helping those who need it. The Dark Side merely serves it self intrest, and in the long run those who server only them self. Become hollow they lose them self to darkness, and in the end they are destroyed. if not by a Jedi but by there own emptyness.

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

Lightside because while people maybe weak or stupid, they still deserve help. Being a Jedi is raising above your own selfish goals, and rather helping those who need it. The Dark Side merely serves it self intrest, and in the long run those who server only them self. Become hollow they lose them self to darkness, and in the end they are destroyed. if not by a Jedi but by there own emptyness.

I disagree, the Darkside is about embracing your emotions, while the Lightside is about defying them. You can be a Dark Jedi and do good, just as you can be a Light Jedi and do evil - it is all in your interpretation of the facts at hand. For example, if you give financial aid to someone who does not deserve it, does that really improve their life, or will it simply make them dependent on handouts?

Kreia would most certainly disagree with your point of view.

well kreia is dead. lol :)

l have always liked Traya is a strange way, and the reason why can be seen in her hilarious introduction of Visas: ''And for whatever reasons, try not to connect with her. Do allow yourself to mate with her Jedi'' ''It would....complicate things and create true problems'' To witch the Exile replies: ''What, you expect me to just meet her, and break in her loading ramp?'' As if a Jedi would say that to another Jedi....

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

yes but what about embracing love, compassion, forgiveness, joy, even regret. you can't go around saying you embrace your emotions when really you just embrace the darker ones and then say those who serve their lighter emotions don't embrace them. :):( :( :( :( :)

Edited by shadowplay107

yes but what about embracing love, compassion, forgiveness, joy, even regret. you can't go around saying you embrace your emotions when really you just embrace the darker ones and then say those who serve their lighter emotions don't embrace them. :( :( :( :( :) :)

The Jedi Code

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

It looks to me like the Jedi do not like any emotions, so your argument in not correct... :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

yes but what about embracing love, compassion, forgiveness, joy, even regret. you can't go around saying you embrace your emotions when really you just embrace the darker ones and then say those who serve their lighter emotions don't embrace them. :( :( :) :) :) :)

The Jedi Code

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

It looks to me like the Jedi do not like any emotions, so your argument in not correct... :)

but who said i was talking about the jedi? my point was that the sith do not embrace their emotions like they say, i said nothing about the jedi embracing emotions just others that may serve the light. :(

but then again the jedi code has its flaws too. if their is no emotion why try to stop the sith? why care if their is no emotion :(

my point was that the sith do not embrace their emotions like they say...

Again, I disagree, for does not the Sith code say "there is only passion?" Any of those emotions can stem from "passion," and thus any of the aforementioned feelings could be embraced by a Sith. :)

-Hurlshot

my point was that the sith do not embrace their emotions like they say...

Again, I disagree, for does not the Sith code say "there is only passion?" Any of those emotions can stem from "passion," and thus any of the aforementioned feelings could be embraced by a Sith. :(

good point but the sith wouldn't embrace mercy even if they have passionate about who they could kill to gain power. :(

any way this is going off topic now :)

Edited by shadowplay107

I would have to say that light side is more satisfactory...but....You have more abilities w/ dark side. For instance, with the light side, you can heal people. Good for you. But with the dark side, you can heal yourself and kill other people at the same time. Awesome! :devil:

(I'm not 100% sure drain life is in KOTOR II, but whatever)

Dark Side. The Dark Side gets a bad rep, mainly because the SW galaxy is full of altruism-blinded collectivists who don't have the benefit of the Ayn Rand Institute. But rest assured: self interest and inidividual responsibility beat galactic hand-outs and crass pandering to the sneer quote "public good" any day. Don't be fooled by Jedi or Republican agitprop, lies passed on by people with a vested interest in keeping the individual man weak (so as to control the masses with less effort)! Those who have "fallen" to the "Dark Side" are, in reality, the greatest and noblest visionaries the galaxy possesses.

Dark Side. The Dark Side gets a bad rep, mainly because the SW galaxy is full of altruism-blinded collectivists who don't have the benefit of the Ayn Rand Institute. But rest assured: self interest and inidividual responsibility beat galactic hand-outs and crass pandering to the sneer quote "public good" any day. Don't be fooled by Jedi or Republican agitprop, lies passed on by people with a vested interest in keeping the individual man weak (so as to control the masses with less effort)! Those who have "fallen" to the "Dark Side" are, in reality, the greatest and noblest visionaries the galaxy possesses.

uhm no .. the sith are totally evil, and care nothing for anyone but them self. saying there noble and visionaries is like saying, Adolf Hitler was a great man... or that Stalin was a noble and fair leader... i don't know what your smoking but, as far as the sith go your way out touch with what a sith is.

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

uhm no .. the sith are totally evil, and care nothing for anyone but them self. saying there noble and visionaries is like saying, Adolf Hitler was a great man... or that Stalin was a noble and fair leader... i don't know what your smoking but, as far as the sith go your way out touch with what a sith is.

No, but I'm not surprised you think that way. It's a system of your conditioning, being led by the honeyed lies of the Jedi elite who would have you think that personal ambition is "wrong" and indiviual talent is something to be stifled and kept in check, rather than something to be nurtured and embraced. The Sith are not evil, and while they care "only" for themselves, this is the only true way to achieve freedom. Hitler and Stalin were NOT servants of the Dark Side. They wrapped themselves, not in the language of individual will and personal ambition, but in the language of communal good, of collective action, of "bettering" their "society". Stalin was at the helm of the flagship of Light Side decadence- Soviet Communism, where "everybody would be equal" and "all in society would have their fair share"... at least in theory. Hitler, while he did make a few appeals to the better nature of the individual and survival of the strong, also fell back on the doctrine of the masses- he wasn't there to "achieve power", no no! He was there to "help" the poor, the weak, and the oppressed people of Germany! he was there to "build highways" and "aid the workers", to "stop self-interested corporations from war profiteering" and to "enrich the hearts and minds of all people in Greater Germany".

Of course, we know that's a lie. We know Stalin and Hitler were rotten to the core- but most of us don't stop and look at why they were able to do what they did, and how they were able to unleash such evils upon the planet. They, like the Jedi Order, demanded that their underlings make sacrifices in the name of the "common good". They, like the Jedi Order, praised group welfare over individual freedom. They, like the Jedi Order, passed edicts from on high, making sure that all bowed to the authoritarian will of the "Council", rather than (in good Sith fashion) allowing the students to challenge their masters and, in so doing, overcoming the constraints placed upon them by figures of power. Only a servant of the Light Side would be so blind, so naive, so weak, as to allow himself to be bent to the will of a man like Stalin.

See the light! Come to the Dark Side! Before it is too late!

Edited by Doros

Hitler thought he was acting for the greater good, a Jedi idea - but has nothing at all to do with Star Wars. Also, how the hell do you know "what a sith is?" Are you so dedicated to upholding a fictitious ideal that you have morphed it into something that is applicable in real life? If you actualy look at the Star Wars universe, you will find that the Jedi and the Sith are equally weak and vulnerable - although the Jedi have gotten better PR due to the original three movies of the trilogy.

-Hurlshot

ok im just going to say this to the dark side severs...

how many of you would actually go act like the sith and just murder someone just for the sake of it? i would think hardly any of you, and do you know why? because the severs of he dark side are weak, and as for the severs of the light side, they can go help people and act like jedi without even knowing it. so just ask your self "why take interest in the dark side when you could never really be like that." then give me one good reason why you feel the need to defend them, is it just because you feel better saying crap like that, or do you want to be evil and end up as a pathetic low life scum bag? ;):thumbsup:

how many of you would actually go act like the sith and just murder someone just for the sake of it?

Would I murder someone just for the sake of killing them? No, probably not. Would I manipulate someone for personal gain? Sure, I'm positive I'll do that sometime during my life. You keep bring up the murder issue, but that is not what the Darkside is based on - nor is it the best example of what the Darkside supports.

-Hurlshot

how many of you would actually go act like the sith and just murder someone just for the sake of it? i would think hardly any of you, and do you know why? because the severs of he dark side are weak, and as for the severs of the light side, they can go help people and act like jedi without even knowing it. so just ask your self "why take interest in the dark side when you could never really be like that." then give me one good reason why you feel the need to defend them, is it just because you feel better saying crap like that, or do you want to be evil and end up as a pathetic low life scum bag? ;):thumbsup:

You clearly have much to learn about the heart of Sith teaching, young Padawan. Murder simply for the sake of murder? If you are strong, you might be able to, but why? That is not the true Way of the Dark Side. Murder is but a means to an end, and that end is Power. Murder for the sheer sake of killing, while certainly fun, does little to advance your own goals, and may do much to hinder them. Murder is a tool, a weapon, to be used or not to be used like any other as the situation demands- the concept of Sith being nothing more than psychotic maniacs, prone to killing for no reason, is a myth fabricated by the Jedi Order. Sociopathic maniacs, maybe, but only the most dull-witted of Dark Side adherents (and thus the weakest and least deserving of their title) would kill "just for the sake of it".

One good reason? We've given you plenty. The Dark Side is better. If I wanted to be "evil", I'd argue in favor of the Light Side, insist you be charitable, fawning, and docile, the better to control you and keep you in check.

You clearly have much to learn about the heart of Sith teaching, young Padawan. Murder simply for the sake of murder? If you are strong, you might be able to, but why? That is not the true Way of the Dark Side. Murder is but a means to an end, and that end is Power. Murder for the sheer sake of killing, while certainly fun, does little to advance your own goals, and may do much to hinder them. Murder is a tool, a weapon, to be used or not to be used like any other as the situation demands- the concept of Sith being nothing more than psychotic maniacs, prone to killing for no reason, is a myth fabricated by the Jedi Order. Sociopathic maniacs, maybe, but only the most dull-witted of Dark Side adherents (and thus the weakest and least deserving of their title) would kill "just for the sake of it".

One good reason? We've given you plenty. The Dark Side is better. If I wanted to be "evil", I'd argue in favor of the Light Side, insist you be charitable, fawning, and docile, the better to control you and keep you in check.

you have 5 posts and you call someone a padawn, sith arrogence must really be getting out of hand this days.

how many of you would actually go act like the sith and just murder someone just for the sake of it? i would think hardly any of you, and do you know why? because the severs of he dark side are weak, and as for the severs of the light side, they can go help people and act like jedi without even knowing it. so just ask your self "why take interest in the dark side when you could never really be like that." then give me one good reason why you feel the need to defend them, is it just because you feel better saying crap like that, or do you want to be evil and end up as a pathetic low life scum bag? :ermm: :ermm:

you have 5 posts and you call someone a padawn, sith arrogence must really be getting out of hand this days.

And in these 5 posts, I've shown you the Power of the Dark Side. Logic, reason, a cunning reversal of a Godwin gambit, and Ayn Rand references... with but little experience and the strength of the Dark Side, I have bested all comers. A 77 post geezer like yourself could learn a thing or two from my Sith training, dear Padawan. ;)

P.S. The Sith aren't "arrogant", they are confident- yet another key difference between the Light and Dark Sides. Where a Jedi would fear vanity and seek to humble himself, a Sith sees merely his potential and lets it be shown. And this is as it should be, for after all, only the followers of the Dark Side have abilities worthy of such confidence.

Edited by Doros