EGM rumor: Obsidian working on a CIA game?

funcroc

Original text from EGM

Spy Games

Publisher Sega was smart to snag developer Obsidian to make a role-playing game based on the Alien movies. But that's not the only game they're working on -- I caught wind the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II makers are also at work on another RPG, this one a CIA spy-themed thriller for the 360 and the Playstation 3.

In the last page, no one believed me when I correctly predicted that this would be a console game.

If Obsidian wants me to spend my money on their games they'll make a PC version.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It's hardly news though. It's been known for some time that Obsidian is working on two games for sega (well, not known maybe, but heavily suspected). And since they've claimed to be a three game company, working on one PC-game, one console-game and one multi-platform, it always seemed very likely that the unknown game would be the console one (with Aliens probably being multi and Masks being PC).

So I'm not surprised in the least. So now the question is what their current PC game is?

A second expansion to NWN2... maybe? Yes? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE! :sorcerer:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

If they do an Icewind Dale 3 they should make it NWN2 compatible.

If done how I vision it it would be a stand-alone product but if you have NWN2 it will also act as an expansion.

A second expansion to NWN2... maybe? Yes? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE! :grin:

Man, you haven't played MOTB yet and now you already want the 2nd XP. Tsk tsk.

As for the topic: Great way to piss me off Obsidian, really. Finally your first IP and now I can't play it on my system.

Save up and buy a console.

Its not a matter of money for me, it is a matter of space. I like my gaming done in one rig. If they give me a way to play my PC games and XBox360 games in one rig then I would be all over that, but I am not going to have one machine for my games, another machine for my videoes and music, yet another machine to do my Internet and surfing, and so forth and so on. I just don't have the room. That is why I am a PC user. Give me an official XBox360 emulator that I can plug into my PC that allows me to play XBox360 and I would gladly pay full XBox360 price for it.

Save up and buy a console.

Money isn't really the issue here. I prefer to spend money to upgrade my computer instead of having 2 mediocre gaming platforms. I prefer one killer-rig for gaming, plus I benefit in other (working) areas of this performance boost too. Besides, I don't have much space either in my pit, and console games are as expensive as hell (70

That is why I would have gotten that XBox360/PC hybrid that was rumored to exist way back when. Too bad that didn't happen. Question, can the XBox360 run Vista?

That is why I would have gotten that XBox360/PC hybrid that was rumored to exist way back when. Too bad that didn't happen. Question, can the XBox360 run Vista?

No, but even if the 360 could run Vista, I couldn't do anything productive with it. Ist there actually some sort of an emulator available? There're quite a few Xbox/PS2 games that can be played on a PC, I wonder if there's something for the 360 available as well?

I don't know. I wish Microsoft would make one so that we can play XBox360 games. I don't want another rig, but I would pay for hardware and software upgrades that allow me to play Xbox360 games in my PC.

Microsoft will never make an emulator. If anything, they'd sue anyone who did. And with the DMCA, they might have a case.

Seriously, if you have troubles with space to such a degree that you can't find a spot for a box the size of a VCR, then you need to move out of the closet and buy a single shelf.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bigger space means more money, and I don't feel like shelling more money for rent.

And what should that shelf be on? The freaking air?

It could be attached to a wall. It could be on the bookshelf.

Again, that takes space I don't have. I have a room full of shelves already. Each one of them are full with books and nick-nacks. I have a very percise space for electronics and that is where my desk is at. My computer is my entertainment zone. It is my stereo, my game machine, my vcr and DVD player, my television set, my typewriter, my Internet access, everything that I do that requires video/audio entertainment or work is right there in that space. Everywhere else is already occupied by books, furniture, shelves for the books, nick-nacks, sword hangings, 2 pieces of cheap artwork and so forth.

Then there is the stuff belonging to my roommate...

Edited by Sand

Only one room full of shelves?

I find the notion that you don't have a free 12.15x3.27x10.15 in markedly absurd. You wouldn't be able to buy another book or game for the rest of your life. Okay, maybe you could buy ONE, but a second or third is right out.

Edited by Tale

Only one room full of shelves?

One Room that is designated as mine to do as I wish.

Don't forget Sand also takes a lot of space by himself. That plus all the paraphernalia like couches, chairs, a bed and the like that are to designed to fit Sand, and you have a house with a serious lack of available real estate.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't forget Sand also takes a lot of space by himself. That plus all the paraphernalia like couches, chairs, a bed and the like that are to designed to fit Sand, and you have a house with a serious lack of available real estate.

I am not that large, dammit. :)

I don't have a couch and my bed is only twin sized.