IGN Mask of the Betrayer Preview

GreasyDogMeat

Forget all else and play an Arcane Scholar. Even though it's a munchkin's dream, I really did enjoy my arcane scholar for roleplaying reasons. :D Nice preview.

The Spirit Eater aspect of the game is inextricably tied to morality.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/821/821071p1.html

This will probably be mentioned on the front page soon.

The new portals that open at night sound very cool and a bit more detail on the soul eating. I hope morality will be tied to the soul eating somehow.

Theres a front page?

Ha, I actually forget that sometimes because I just have the forums bookmarked.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Right. So, there are these portals. And they open only at certain times. I would like to point out here that there was no semblance of timekeeping in NWN2 (a bit if you count the Keep's timeline.) so does this mean we will get a clock in MotB, and we have to wait around until a given time, ala TES games? Or is it a "only open at certain times" in the old "This door will not open until you kill the goblin king and explore the lava cave" sort of way?

Nice read. I can't wait for it to get released.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Pop sez,

Right. So, there are these portals. And they open only at certain times. I would like to point out here that there was no semblance of timekeeping in NWN2 (a bit if you count the Keep's timeline.) so does this mean we will get a clock in MotB, and we have to wait around until a given time, ala TES games? Or is it a "only open at certain times" in the old "This door will not open until you kill the goblin king and explore the lava cave" sort of way?

Okay. As I read it the portals open at different times, not neseccarily at night only. But you do have to wait until the portal opens in order to gain access to certain areas. An example was given that mentioned a broken bridge in the real world, in the shadow world the bridge is whole. Everything is the opposite in the "shadow world" from what it is in the real world. If it's good in the RW, it's evil in the SW. And yes, there definately a time clock in the expansion. But you can still rest. The problem is, real time passes. And although you may regain hit points and mana, you will lose spirit points. Which leaves the possibility that you could die while resting.

Executive Producer

Thieves-Guild