Switzerland Threatens to Expel Immigrants

Azarkon

Religion is more often just an excuse for behavior than the reason for it in my opinion.

I agree. But don't expect Sand to budge an inch.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Religion is more often just an excuse for behavior than the reason for it in my opinion.

For some it is an excuse, for others it is a reason. For those who use religion as an excuse often manipulate those who act because of religion. For example, Osama Bin Ladin is a viscious, power hungry terrorist that uses Islam as an excuse to justify his desires. He and those like him manipulate younger and more impressionable Muslims to do terrible terrorist acts in the name of Islam. For these people, their Islamic faith is the reason and justification for their actions.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Rowan Atkinson is very good. :(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Well, anyway, I don't think this is about religion.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think religion has a part, but it is not the sole reason for the divisions of the human race. What we need is a world cataclysmic event that threatens to destroy all of the human race unless we put aside our differences and work together as one people, as one world. Then we get the Watchmen scenerio.

Edited by Sand

This is what I think not only applies to the world in general, but also specifically to this country. We swiss may not notice how stupid we are, until something really devastating happens because of our racist election/ballot-behaviour. Well, I have to vote, wait and see what happens after this election campaign...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I think religion has a part, but it is not the sole reason for the divisions of the human race. What we need is a world cataclysmic event that threatens to destroy all of the human race unless we put aside our differences and work together as one people, as one world. Then we get the Watchmen scenerio.

I doubt that would halt it. The fact is that we can only appreciate a limited range of persons, and feel loyalty accordingly. Even within units of the Army, fighting side by side you get divisions (no pun intended).

-Elwood Blues

It's far more likely that we would still be going at each others throats til the very end unfortunately.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Which is why we will fail as a species.

Causes and ideologies, not religions, kill people (religions are subcategory of those) yet they're some and most important things in human lives. World without causes is empty, shallow. But they're source of great atrocities too.

What people need is really start communicating, broaden their views, open their minds. Acceptance, forgiveness, something that aims in greater things than benefits of individuals, nations and organizations. Start using their brains, ask questions, seek answers, doubt things. Above all start searching, it's journey that matters, not the journey. Most people just eat, have sex, sleep, work and die away without greater understanding or searching it.

...Yeah, I get these idealistic outbursts once in a while.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Causes and ideologies, not religions, kill people (religions are subcategory of those) yet they're some and most important things in human lives. World without causes is empty, shallow. But they're source of great atrocities too.

What people need is really start communicating, broaden their views, open their minds. Acceptance, forgiveness, something that aims in greater things than benefits of individuals, nations and organizations. Start using their brains, ask questions, seek answers, doubt things. Above all start searching, it's journey that matters, not the journey. Most people just eat, have sex, sleep, work and die away without greater understanding or searching it.

...Yeah, I get these idealistic outbursts once in a while.

:ermm::o

In which case we should have it framed. Well put, sir.

-Elwood Blues

"it's journey that matters, not the journey. "

Of course I ment destination, not journey :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6992670.stm

Good heavens, how handy. The BBC have written an article on this subject. Enjoy.

-Elwood Blues

What people need is really start communicating, broaden their views, open their minds. Acceptance, forgiveness, something that aims in greater things than benefits of individuals, nations and organizations. Start using their brains, ask questions, seek answers, doubt things. Above all start searching, it's journey that matters, not the journey.

Yeah, and then you get eaten by a giant robot.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just remember, that if everyone doesn't start thinking of life as a non-zero sum game, we will, sooner or later become extinct.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Just remember, that if everyone doesn't start thinking of life as a non-zero sum game, we will, sooner or later become extinct.

Quite so. *puff puff*

-Elwood Blues

What people need is really start communicating, broaden their views, open their minds. Acceptance, forgiveness, something that aims in greater things than benefits of individuals, nations and organizations. Start using their brains, ask questions, seek answers, doubt things. Above all start searching, it's journey that matters, not the journey.

I really didn't get that :p

I really didn't get that ;)

I didn't get that either... so there, you aren't alone. Also, what do you mean by 'it's journey that matters, not the journey'? Kinda cryptic...

"it's journey that matters, not the journey. "

Of course I ment destination, not journey ;)