A church on fire

Rosbjerg

200 years ago, Lord Nelson attacked Copenhagen in order to seize Denmarks navy in Englands war with Napoleon - the Copenhagen Cathedral (and much of it's surroundings) burned to the ground in the English attack.

An artistic duo has made a very interesting art piece representing what happened, by setting fire to the church (or so it seems when your inside).. it's really beautiful and to me it's a good example of how you can use Churches for eksperimental art.

It's part of a larger series of art pieces, shows and historical reenactments called (ironically) "Golden Days in Copenhagen"

post-5477-1188767185_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1188767190_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1188767198_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

That is really very good, I love how they have mixed dread and beauty in there. I remember a document a while ago that was about the attack on Copenhagen from a peasants point of view. It really felt like Dresden of it's time.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah and seee if they side with Bonaparte again!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire

we don't need no water

we need some turpentine

amidoingitrite?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Indeed. Destruction to our heritage! A pox upon all beauty! etc etc.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Denmark wasn't interested in joining the war, but considered England the most realistic ally if they were to join anyone - then England demanded Denmark navy, obviously we refused, they bombed, and then Denmark sided with Napoleon.. call us bitter loseres, but would you do any different?

Fortune favors the bald.

Denmark wasn't interested in joining the war, but considered England the most realistic ally if they were to join anyone - then England demanded Denmark navy, obviously we refused, they bombed, and then Denmark sided with Napoleon.. call us bitter loseres, but would you do any different?

*thinks*

Yes. I'd have puffed on my pipe then kicked Bonaparte in the chins.

-Elwood Blues

*thinks*

I'm guessing our regent thought "with allies like that, who needs enemies?".. I mean Lord Nelson took our entire navy (the second biggest in the world at the time) and bombed our capital. Talk about hurting our pride. Besides, Denmark has always had a good relationship with France - how could we kiss-and-forget.

Fortune favors the bald.

*thinks*

I'm guessing our regent thought "with allies like that, who needs enemies?".. I mean Lord Nelson took our entire navy (the second biggest in the world at the time) and bombed our capital. Talk about hurting our pride. Besides, Denmark has always had a good relationship with France - how could we kiss-and-forget.

On behalf of Lord Nelson I apologise. In his defence I can only point out that according to letters of his he is known to have been unable to sleep because he was not "killing Frenchmen". Clearly this genocidal enthusiasm overmastered his natural finer feelings towards our no doubt gallant allies.

-Elwood Blues

Well, getting our asses kicked seemed motivational. Once our fleet had been stolen and our ambitions for control of a regional alliance with Norway and Sweeden had become irellevant, our painters and poets started on whats commonly described as the danish golden age, our most prolific cultural boom.

Being a land locked contender in Northern Europe with neighbours like Germany and France is more trouble than it's worth.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Then by way of an apology I invite you to move Denmark to Northwest Scotland. I know that strictly speaking I should ask the Queen for permission, but I've done her one or two favours in our time, and I'm sure she'd approve in any case.

-Elwood Blues

That looks great... very nice concept.

Or maybe it's my rational self satisfied at the sight of a burning church.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"