Aliens vs. Predator (2): Requiem

Arkan

Was I seriously the only one who liked Alien 3.

I thought it was delightfully bleak and understated.

I liked Alien 3 but I liked it the least of all the Alien movies.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I don't think they take versus movies far enough. I'd like to see Potter vs Anakin.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm with you, Mus. Not Fincher's finest work, but I liked it. Probably more than Resurrection and only because of Ryder's presence in the latter.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've only seen about 30 minutes of it, but I enjoyed what I managed to stay awake for. Why do these things only come up on TV at 2am? :thumbsup:

Here's what I posted on another forum in regards to an Alien 5 movie:

I'm now coming up with an idea for what I'd like Alien 5 to be.

Some basic concepts of what it would need to do first:

1) Clean up the ending of Resurrection. IE, kill all survivors but the Ripley clone right off the bat.

2) Develop/Evolve the Alien creature further. Introduce new capabilities and strengths for it.

3) Provide a good transition from Ripley to a new female heroine. I'm thinking a descendant of Ripley, but don't make it obvious. Won't have her name and nobody'll note the relationship. Have it be an actress with similarities to Sigourney Weaver and leave the rest to fan speculation.

4) Do not include the hybrids from Resurrection. At least not how Resurrection had them. No human reproduction system, no albinos that want their mommies. The old strain of Alien.

5) Space Marines. Needs to see the return of the Space Marines. Granted, they won't be like the Aliens Space Marines. Artistically, they'll have to adopt some of the visual style of Resurrection to be consistent with the timeline.

6) It needs to leave room for Aliens to reach Earth for Alien 6. The Aliens reaching Earth and, unlike the AvP movies, conquering it is, in my opinion, the ultimate place the series should head.

I have a few more specific ideas of what I'd like to see, but that'll practically be a fanfic outline. Maybe I'll write it up tomorrow if I'm feeling nerdy enough.

I'm not married to point 6, but I think that's really where the series should have headed from the beginning. Escalation of threats. Ship -> Colony -> Fully-colonized planet (Earth)

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Assuming no-one objects I'm going to move this to the Aliens game section.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I figured it did, since it will be partially canon at that stage, and moreover will affect the marketing of the game. BUt if you chaps don't want this moved I shall bow to your wishes.

-Elwood Blues

This is the coming out thread!

I kinda liked alien 3 too.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Alien 3 was visually interesting and it had an interesting story. It actually seems to me as if they were forced to use Ripley by studio interference, and she could have been any other character. It would have been much more interesting if it hadn't ****ed with old characters. Also, it suffered from having to compare to Alien and Aliens. I mean, those movies are some of the greatest ever. The only reason Aliens compared with Alien was because they changed the entire dynamic; they tried the same with Alien3, and it just didn't work out so well.