Why People Hate America

Yuusha

I'm glad you asked, Julian. It's not often that I get a chance to share my experiences with someone from the outside world for more than a half-thought sentence blurted over a telephone wire... it's so strange; it gets so stultifying after a while, the same old nuisances repeating themselves endlessly, anew yet wizened, as if everything has happened before and everything shall happen again... it rattles a man, daunts his very soul till all that remains are nerves stretched tenuously and sickly... yet, here I remain... here we remain, because, you know, deep down... hope thrives in our hearts, we know we are making a difference, together... we are changing the world. One day at a time.

Strange as it may seem, I can't find anything in the mod guide which lets me squash threads just because I don't think they're not being well argued (by either side).

Now I've sobered up here's my take (not that I'm saying it's better quality):

1. People enjoy having scapegoats. I don't know why.

2. We aren't allowed druids, christians, jews, or communism any more. Some people can blame jifascists, but if you live next door to jifascists and they shoot your whole family if you badmouth THEM, then you need someone else. Or alternatively if you hang out in West London and dinner parties expect you to be sympathetic to jeffs then you only have one option. This option is the good old US of A.

3. For some reason blaming the USA for every human sin seems plausible and sensible.

4. Arguments like the USA has killed people in tehir perceived national interest, or they ignore the UN apply to every nation on Earth of any weight.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

2. We aren't allowed druids, christians, jews, or communism any more.

Eh? Granted, nobody likes Calvinists for very good reasons, but I think you'll find, once you break out into the greater internets, that "organized religion" is as big, if not bigger, of a scapegoat for all the world's ills as America. And unlike America, "organized religion" (or just "religion") has very few intellectual defenders. Had the title of this thread been "Why people hate Christianity" it would have found a lot more favor.

Speaking of communism, I got a new shirt today.

No%20Che.jpg

Edited by Pop

Well as I am a most LAZY Big Green and the word HATE is in and of itself counter-productive to initiating any form of dialogue that is hospitable, I will shut this down .. PLEASE do feel free to initiate another thread that attempts to begin a conversation, as opposed to pontificate a position. If that PROVES TOO difficult, I would advise, from my lazy ROOST, to opt into starting your OWN PRIVATE pulpit ELSEWHERE lest I or the Mod Squad have to actually do some work ...

/FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: