Looking for character creation advice

Hey everyone. I'm currently after some input/advice regarding how to build my character to reflect how I want to play; it's been quite some time since I played the original KotOR and I'm pretty rusty on the details of the stats/mechanics.

Overall, what I'm looking for is a LS character that is a bit more focused on efficiency, defense/avoidance and force power buffs rather than pure offensive power. I plan on going the Dueling route for the DEF bonus, but beyond that I'm a little unsure how to set up his class/stats to meet this end.

I'm thinking a stat layout like this:

STR: 13

DEX: 16

CON: 14

INT: 10

WIS: 13

CHA: 10

The idea being I could bump STR/WIS to 14 base with my first two points, then work DEX (or CON) with the rest.

One thing I'm unsure about is the initial class selection - I've never played KotOR II, so I'm not real clear on how these classes advance into the "Prestige" classes and what implications they have. The Guardian seems like he is more suited for melee, but I'm not sure if it's more geared towards offense/damage or if that will also be the best route to fortify my character's defense. Also, how much of an impact will WIS/CHA have on the "buff" type force powers? Also, is improving WIS for the increased saves worthwhile, or is it mostly just for accumulating more FPs?

I don't really plan on using offensive powers much - I'll probably take the droid damage/disabling powers as well as the "Force Push" line, but I don't plan on really using any offensive DS powers at all. I'll mostly be using melee, just geared towards being incredibly difficult to harm instead of destroying everything in a couple rounds.

I'd really appreciate any advice on the topic; in the first game I had a lot of trouble getting my character right and restarted far too many times for my liking. Thanks in advance!

heres some things to remember-

strength- is really good if youre going to be doing the melee thing. it will raise how much certain weapons damage. good for offensive strikes

dexterity-good for dodging and reflexes. its usually not my top priority. good if you want to be hard to harm

constitution- ok to be honest i dont really remember what i use it for bc im lending the game to someone

intelligence- the more intelligence you have the more points you get for skills

wisdom- if you have more wisdom it uses less force when you use the force

charisma- i usually get this pretty good bc im big on the dialogues. this helps you gain influence with your party members ( if your a talker, this is kind of important) and it makes your persuade more effective (and that can be important.

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Hey everyone. I'm currently after some input/advice regarding how to build my character to reflect how I want to play; it's been quite some time since I played the original KotOR and I'm pretty rusty on the details of the stats/mechanics.

Overall, what I'm looking for is a LS character that is a bit more focused on efficiency, defense/avoidance and force power buffs rather than pure offensive power. I plan on going the Dueling route for the DEF bonus, but beyond that I'm a little unsure how to set up his class/stats to meet this end.

I'm thinking a stat layout like this:

STR: 13

DEX: 16

CON: 14

INT: 10

WIS: 13

CHA: 10

The idea being I could bump STR/WIS to 14 base with my first two points, then work DEX (or CON) with the rest.

One thing I'm unsure about is the initial class selection - I've never played KotOR II, so I'm not real clear on how these classes advance into the "Prestige" classes and what implications they have. The Guardian seems like he is more suited for melee, but I'm not sure if it's more geared towards offense/damage or if that will also be the best route to fortify my character's defense. Also, how much of an impact will WIS/CHA have on the "buff" type force powers? Also, is improving WIS for the increased saves worthwhile, or is it mostly just for accumulating more FPs?

I don't really plan on using offensive powers much - I'll probably take the droid damage/disabling powers as well as the "Force Push" line, but I don't plan on really using any offensive DS powers at all. I'll mostly be using melee, just geared towards being incredibly difficult to harm instead of destroying everything in a couple rounds.

I'd really appreciate any advice on the topic; in the first game I had a lot of trouble getting my character right and restarted far too many times for my liking. Thanks in advance!

when you start the game put everything AT THIRTEEN

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

actually what he is going for is the key here. Roleplaying then game mechanics are in order.

if i can remember(its been awhile)

my LS consular is at 42 wisdom and 30 something dexterity, has a one handed LS with dueling with wisdom/charisma crystals in it and blasterbolt deflect pieces

however my visas is leveled with STR and CONST in mind and has alot of +energy pieces/crystals along wtih equipment.

i sit in the corner and heal and use buff spells as visas kills everything

kotor IIs character creation depth resembles that of an MMO in someways in my opinion

but, to answer your question, prestige(spoiling a later event in the game, read at your own discretion)

begins at 15 by talking to kriea, depending on alignment you can focus on offensive power with your lightsaber(guardian),or more focused on force powers (master)/DS marauder or sith olrd respectively

what you choose determines a bonus you receive for being full LS/DS

and a bonus feat/power recieved.

i hope that helps

btw are you going to be an Jedi Armor or Jedi Robed? then we will work from there.

I would prefer to wear robes for this character.

Eh your starting stats really don't matter -that- much. In the end most of your stats come from gear/buffs. I did a Guardian/Marauder with a 14STR/14DEX/14CON/10INT/12WIS/14CHA spread to start, then dumped all my level up points into STR and ended with this at lvl 30: http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/128/pewpewxe7.jpg

And that's just with Valor and Fury active :verymad:

Being held down by the MAN!

actually what he is going for is the key here. Roleplaying then game mechanics are in order.

my LS consular is at 42 wisdom and 30 something dexterity, has a one handed LS with dueling with wisdom/charisma crystals in it and blasterbolt deflect pieces

however my visas is leveled with STR and CONST in mind and has alot of +energy pieces/crystals along wtih equipment.

kotor IIs character creation depth resembles that of an MMO in someways in my opinion

First off, the wisdom and the Dexterity are superb for your LS Counslar. Btw what is your presitage to match your LS Counslar? With the wisdom and the dexterity, I always recomend Jedi Master.

But By the Time, the PC is at lvl 15. Pretty damn powerful.

btw with Wisdom, It modifes will saves and gives extra force points per lvl.

Btw is this build Blaster(guns oriented), Melee(vibro weapons), or lightsabers?

Is it a Jedi Armor or Jedi Robes?(do you have a certian armor or Robe inmind)

Team Player or a Solo Artist?

More Info the merrier

First off, the wisdom and the Dexterity are superb for your LS Counslar. Btw what is your presitage to match your LS Counslar? With the wisdom and the dexterity, I always recomend Jedi Master.

But By the Time, the PC is at lvl 15. Pretty damn powerful.

btw with Wisdom, It modifes will saves and gives extra force points per lvl.

Btw is this build Blaster(guns oriented), Melee(vibro weapons), or lightsabers?

Is it a Jedi Armor or Jedi Robes?(do you have a certian armor or Robe inmind)

Team Player or a Solo Artist?

More Info the merrier

my consular of course followed jedi master with the wis/dext she has

shes wearing ossus keeper robes as of now

and a circlet of saresh she got on nar shadaa from a crate in the seroco gang area

visas has crado's(sp?) robes for the str bonus and ive leveled her to get master 2 weapon fighting, lightsaber finesse adding her STR, and some other offensive feats

my pc has a lightsaber equipped but only for the bonuses with the crystals, generally her form is set on force mastery/potency

im unsure if you mean team player/solo artist(im guessing playing through the game solo?), as an LS consular(no heavily offensive abilities) and so far im having a hard time playing on difficult with party members let alone without

im getting very nervous about greater storm beast given my current squishiness

my old computer is telling me i have to restore or reinstall kotor2

il look into it later, its been so long and im coming to realize how much i missed that different side of kotor

being sort of what a support class would be in an mmo

nihilus with my first DS guardian was fun, but it was basically just a more powerful version of an enemy, and with master speed/valor and alot of + str anything and everything drops like rock

however with my consular, nihilus actually took a few tries developing a heal buff rotation and keeping his attention on visas and mandalore and away from me to where at sometimes i would need mandalore to stop attacking so he could get back on visas

also there a few just plain bad lucks considering nihilus on difficult can power attack upwards of 160 essentially killing me

but the kill seems so much more redeeming when you put all the time into it