kotor 2 feature transfer error on pc in windows XP

jon kent

iam trying to install kotor 2 for pc on a windows xp based computer and i keep getting a feature transfer error while installing disk 4 data5.cab and the CD has a few stratches

i know to clean the disk but i thinks its something wrong with my computer

i would accept any help

please i love this game i want to play it

Have you tried to copy the game onto your harddrive and install from there? This has been known to allow the game to be installed with little problems... if the game data can be copied over.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Worse comes to worse the scratched disc might be too damaged to get any readable data from.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Movin' to Skeeters. :)

Are the scratches really bad or very minor? Is there another computer in the house you could try to install the game on, just to see if you get the same sort of error? That might help indicate if it's more likely the disc, or something about the pc itself? Maybe.

If you've successfully had it installed before, and your computer hasn't gone thru any significant changes since the last time you played it, then like Sand says, it's possible a new disc might end up being the solution.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There are ways to clean a disc: metal polish (the date is stored sufficiently deep underneath the plastic to be unaffected by a vigorous scrubbing) like Brasso is a good first approximation. There are also companies that specialize in cleaning discs, too.

If you contact LucasArts they might give you a replacement disc, too, for the scratched one.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT