Most realistic FPS

The most realistic one I played was Ghost Recon. The original!!!!! Good times, good times, *sniff*.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

The most realistic one I played was Ghost Recon. The original!!!!! Good times, good times, *sniff*.

Can you say WHY it was the most realistic? I can't find a cheap copy to test.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Aside from the fact that you can't jump, iirc, it just felt like the real deal. Hard to describe more exactly. The emphasis was on stealth, not running and gunning. If you were careless, you'd get shot. And if you got shot, you'd either die outright or possibly just get severely wounded.

Weapons felt like they "should" and the ai was competent (although not as good as is avaialble these days). The opponents were neither amazing marksmen or totally inept. Like I said, if you got careless you'd probably die.

Aside from the fact that you can't jump, iirc, it just felt like the real deal. Hard to describe more exactly. The emphasis was on stealth, not running and gunning. If you were careless, you'd get shot. And if you got shot, you'd either die outright or possibly just get severely wounded.

Weapons felt like they "should" and the ai was competent (although not as good as is avaialble these days). The opponents were neither amazing marksmen or totally inept. Like I said, if you got careless you'd probably die.

sounds kinda like Socom.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thanks for clarifying, and also thanks to mkreku, who I forgot to thank earlier.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Red Orchestra is indeed great. You really have to hone your skills as a shooter to get any shots, and when you do get the shots they are way more satisfying then, say, Counter-Strike. I also like how the score card doesn't have a kill-to-death ratio. Instead, it's about how many points one acquires. Kills count, but flag captures count more.

Though, in the end, I don't think any FPS will come close to the real thing. Unless they came with adapters that would do bodily damage as you got shot...

PBF055AD-Game_System.jpg

Edited by kgonzalez164

Red Orchestra is indeed great. You really have to hone your skills as a shooter to get any shots, and when you do get the shots they are way more satisfying then, say, Counter-Strike. I also like how the score card doesn't have a kill-to-death ratio. Instead, it's about how many points one acquires. Kills count, but flag captures count more.

Though, in the end, I don't think any FPS will come close to the real thing. Unless they came with adapters that would do bodily damage as you got shot...

PBF055AD-Game_System.jpg

I think we'll see PTSD being caused long before physical damage.

-Elwood Blues

Perry Bible Fellowship! :brows:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I give Fear props for having the most cinematic fights (well.. action flickish).

I give Fear props for having the most cinematic fights (well.. action flickish).

Can't say I agree. But I'm far too clinical as the main protagonist to warrant a movie.

-Elwood Blues

Can't say I agree. But I'm far too clinical as the main protagonist to warrant a movie.

wasn't saying that the entire game could be turned into a movie.

Only that the gun fights were like those of say, the matrix and Die hard. (scenery included)

after all in what else would you see sparks flying off of EVERYTHING when you hit.

wasn't saying that the entire game could be turned into a movie.

Only that the gun fights were like those of say, the matrix and Die hard. (scenery included)

after all in what else would you see sparks flying off of EVERYTHING when you hit.

Sorry, my point wasn't to ridicule yours. Merely my sneaky creepy, run hide and ambush tactics!

-Elwood Blues