8800 Ultra Pic

Bokishi

Hey Bok, could you ship two of those to me. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASE!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I'm kind of hoping that smiley face doesn't come with it ... then again, it'd make an interesting convo piece... :woot:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't see myself needing the extra graphics power at the moment since I'm pretty much being graphics bottlenecked by my Conroe.

That just sounds wrong. >_

You might as well just give one of your video cards to one of us...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Im gonna wait for the 8900GTX >_<"

edit: and ATI shows off their great skills at quality control by accidentally releasing a graphics driver containing a virus... again

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have never gotten a virus from my ATI drivers. In fact, the **** up that was the 9x.xx Nvidia drivers made me switch back from Nvidia to ATI. They were worse than a virus. Even though I had to buy the last of the seventh generation of GPU's at an inflated prize (X1950XTX) just before they released generation eight, I felt that it was worth it if only to get back to the safety of the ATI drivers.

I did a search on Google (like I did a year ago or so, the last time we had this discussion):

"ATI driver problem" = 1,530,000 hits.

"Nvidia driver problem" = 1,590,000 hits.

(You get basically the same result if you add the word "graphic" between the brand name and the word driver)

Last time, the ATI hits were marginally more. This time the Nvidia hits were marginally more. The tide has turned.

(Yes, I know it's scientifically worthless. Yes, I know it doesn't actually tell us anything. Now shut up.)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Mkreku has to be the luckiest ATI user in the land, because my ATI cards give me constant pain.

edit: and ATI shows off their great skills at quality control by accidentally releasing a graphics driver containing a virus... again

And which driver version is that?

7-4xp64_dd_ccc_enu_44988

We didnt found one version online that wasnt infected, that includes all of ATI's official download mirrors. Since most people run 32bit XP, its not that well known.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I had a ati 9600 pro, best quality card i ever bought. Played all games without crashes, and better quality. I remember getting my 6800 GT and loading up kotor 1 and enting Telos. The ships didn't shine the same way, it was dull. It ran with the same frame rates too.

Fast forward to now, and i have a 7900GT. Nvidia card drivers are screwing up my Oblivion game. I can't get it to run straight, while ati isn't effected by this bug a bit. Bug after bug with nvidia I've encountered. :shifty: before this oblivion bug issue was the Fear issue, i couldn't get it to run smooth at its LOWEST settings even though i still had a pretty UBER machine. sigh.

Give me a damn xbox already.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Mkreku has to be the luckiest ATI user in the land, because my ATI cards give me constant pain.

Nah. You're just damn unlucky. My ATI card hasn't given me any trouble except for one time when it overheated, but that was because the heatsink was so full of dust. Some people have horrendous problems with ATI, some with nVidia.

My girlfriend's x1900gt is running just fine, too. And very silent, thanks to Zalman :unsure:

I'm looking forward to the next gen of graphics-cards (post 8800 / 2900), because by then, I should have enogh money to replace my computer and DX 10 should be more widely used.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

My 9600XT card was and still is pretty freakin' sweet.

I say was because I gave it to a friend from school after my motherboard took a dump. But it's still kicking ass inside his machine 4 years after I got it. The only think I wasn't able to run on it before my motherboard died was F.E.A.R.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Anandtech Review

Anandtech also indicates that the current overclocked EVGA 8800GTX offering (for about $650) is a better value, despite the potential clock rates achievable in the Ultra. I agree with the reviewer that it would have been nice if NVidia had been more forthcoming about the changes to the silicon.

Am I the only one who feels that this entire generation of GPU's is a bit.. disappointing?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!