If you could make any game, what would it be like?

Bokishi

Why not 3D? 3D is a whole lot better nowadays than the day of the original Fallouts and the Infinity Engine games. Also with NWN2 camera style you can emulate the Isometric view. Besides, even Van Buren was going to be 3D or have you not messed with the old VB that Black Isle was developing yet?

There's nothing wrong with 2D and it should remain 2D. This would force the developers to work on a great story and not be fixated by lame 3D graphics. O NOES! We have to make this tree look as realistic as possible.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

If i were going to make any game.. i would develop one that incorporated learning real world skill into the game. That way, you could use the knowledge and experience you gained from the game and actually utilize it in real life. People dedicate hours upon hours taking in things that mean nothing.. useless things such as languages that have no bearing outside the game (ie Ultima). Personally, I would not be adverse to learning Sanskrit or Ojibwe if it were made fun and accessible.

There are several games that do this well such as Chemicus and Physicus.. however, there is no mainstream rpg i am aware of that has accomplished this in any meaningful way yet. I dont think edutainment has to be a dull and frustrating ordeal.. Brain Age has proven that doing math drills against the clock can be fun and tie up people of all ages for hours (why it wasnt that fun in school i have no idea).

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

Why not 3D? 3D is a whole lot better nowadays than the day of the original Fallouts and the Infinity Engine games. Also with NWN2 camera style you can emulate the Isometric view. Besides, even Van Buren was going to be 3D or have you not messed with the old VB that Black Isle was developing yet?

There's nothing wrong with 2D and it should remain 2D. This would force the developers to work on a great story and not be fixated by lame 3D graphics. O NOES! We have to make this tree look as realistic as possible.

Yes, there is something wrong with 2D. Its not marketable.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

They look kind of lame.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Of course I am right. I am always right, except in rare cases that I'm not.

If by "lame" you mean "even radder than your rad uncle, Uncle Steve, who has a bitchin' moustache and drives a really cool party van".

I'd be hugely interested in making an MMO that had actual player-owned, player-run kingdoms. It'd be a little like Civ, but players would actually inhabit the world. They'd run around doing their silly WoW-type things, but if you zoomed out, you'd see a world map like Civ. Player governers would be charged with keeping their realm safe for noobs and bluebies. There would be wars and there also would be dragons maybe i dunno.

Also, it would be keen to make a Final Fantasy Tactics style, grid-based turn-based strategy using D&D rules, on the Nintendo DS or something.

What in the name of Sainted Norah is a Bluebie?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It would sell just like any other game on the market.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

No, it would not.

It would sell just like any other game on the market.

While this thread is for any game you would ever want to make, claiming that a publisher would find a 2D game in the modern marketplace marketable is pretty much bordering on instanity. It's not going to happen, I honestly couldn't say I am aware of a 2D game released within the last few years.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

You aren't counting Gameboy games right?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.