Swoop Racing Game

Would a swoop racing game ever catch on? I was recently playing SW Racer not too long ago, and that got me thinking, that if LA made a pretty good podracing game, then why not a swoop racing game? Sure, it could be a way to milk some more out of the KOTOR 'chise, and also, knowing that swoop racing outlasted and outlived podracing, it could be done in several eras, and who knows, maybe we could race on Manaan or Onderon again.

While some tracks would be unique to their era (Telos Citadel Station track would be gone with the rest of the station when Telos once again is habitable for example, and the Tatooine track by Anchorhead would be dumped for the Mos Espa Circuit), there could be some tracks that could be used over multiple eras.

Just a thought.

/discuss

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Aoart from vehicle skins they're pretty much same

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

That and the fact that swoop racing is a race against the clock, rather than against other players directly, which wouldn't be all that popular to the masses. If you added other racers to a swoop race you'd end up with....errm....podracing.

Edited by Darth Mortis

Aoart from vehicle skins they're pretty much same

kinda like NASCAR '06 and NASCAR '07...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Other than racing against opponents or the clock swoop racing and Pod racing haave a few obviouse difrences.

One the look of the veicals are differant.

Both drive diferantly. A pod can turn but a swoop can only staffe.

Both are prowpelled difrently.

A swoop is pusshed from the back like a plane.

A podracer is pulled forward like a locomotive.

A pod's breaks are likly in the cotpit, becaues if the egines were to stop the cotpit would retain it's foward momentum and continue to fly forward.

A swoop bike doesn't have this problem becaue it's all one piece so the brakes can be anyware.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

A pod's breaks are likly in the cotpit, becaues if the egines were to stop the cotpit would retain it's foward momentum and continue to fly forward.

Pod racers have brakes both on the pod and on both engains. If they didn't you'd run the very real risk of the cables that connect the pod to the engains snapping when you slowed down. If you watch the pod race carefully in TPM you can see airbrakes in action on the engains of some of the racers.

Pod racers have brakes both on the pod and on both engains. If they didn't you'd run the very real risk of the cables that connect the pod to the engains snapping when you slowed down. If you watch the pod race carefully in TPM you can see airbrakes in action on the engains of some of the racers.

Also in Racer when you slam on the brakes or slow down the pod doesn't fling out past the engines.

... and BTW, the swoops turn, but I think because it's (in KOTOR anyway) mainly following a straight track, you only swerve a little bit. In Star Wars Galaxies, for example, you travel various directions during a swoop race. Heck, you even get to race the Boonta Classic track in that game on your swoop!

DAWUSS

:lol: It wasn't challenging, all you had to do was memorize the tracks, and that floating alien. :)

There was a zero gravity racer, I think it was called Solaris on Sega Saturn, I played it so much I was ill. Twas burned into my retinas. :)

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Rofl, I played the first evaar one on N64, and instead of acctually wanting to finish the races and come first, I was set on crashing into the other racers and blowing them up :lol: That was my means of winning, although in the first one you couldnt really do that, it was more racing orientated. I somehow managed to unlock sebulba and got his flame attack and still that didnt do anything... :)

After seeing the first movie, and how podracing went oh and being in my junior years, that all I wanted to do, make it like the movie, lol.