'The Role we don't play' Opinion piece from the Codex

Anyhow, despite my enthusiasm for interesting discussions regarding the direction of RPGs, I must say that I've always considered them rather futile. The game industry, like most popular mediums, pays little attention to theory - it is nothing if not practical, and learns only by example. No amount of critique or debate will ever convince the suits to try something new, but when someone creates a truly fad-worthy game that makes non-lineartiy the Next Big Thing, we'll see all that you desire come to pass.

Not before. :brows:

I think it's important to know what makes a good game, and what things should be there to make it better. Especially if you aspire to be a game developer.

Why should consumers be anything but selfish when it comes to shelling out $60 for entertainment? If I didn't feel like being selfish, I'd donate the money to Greenpeace instead.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Why should consumers be anything but selfish when it comes to shelling out $60 for entertainment? If I didn't feel like being selfish, I'd donate the money to Greenpeace instead.

*tangent alert*

I lost all respect for Greenpeace when the Paul Watson, a co-founder, left after they tried to ban Chlorine. "Isn't that an element of the periodic table?" :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

*tangent alert*

I lost all respect for Greenpeace when the Paul Watson, a co-founder, left after they tried to ban Chlorine. "Isn't that an element of the periodic table?" :blink:

Greenpeace! Enviromental terrorists LOL.

:blink:

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me