Suggest a photography "assignment"

LadyCrimson

Good lord. That has to be expensive.

lol...yes, I believe it is. Probably not as much as one might initialy think, but definitely not cheap.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I know I said I'd add them all on Monday; changed my mind. I've been having so much fun w/the new lens, I think I'll just post them as I get them. Which means there might be more than one for each thing on that 'list' up there. List, flist, who's counting...they're both less thn

Plum trees in blossom. Colorful, if not very exciting, but it's...y'know...trees. 130kb

plumtrees-02a-ck.jpg

I tried to take some of an abadonded farm area shack on the way home today, but they came out really boring, so instead I'll post this one, because I like it.

Honey bee on flower - 70kb

honey-bee-03a-ck.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wait a darn minute, Tommies dont carry guns!! :lol:

It was in Africa. And our cops do carry guns now. Especially in London.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No water bottles ... been trying to learn still-lifes with a homemade lightbox. It's kickin' my arse, this lighting stuff. :/

In-camera white balance is annoying to configure.

vinegarjar-01.jpg

And I need a taller table, this hunching over thing is killing my back, which makes me feel like this:

rt-lemur-02-tinycrop.jpg

First one has way to much going on. Needs to be more minimalistic, I'd recommend just one single glass and try to make it as dynamic as possible. Though I like the leaves in the one and also the reflection in the red. Second picture is worth a thousand words of awesome. Nice. :thumbsup:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've been accused of creating things that are too 'busy' a lot. It usually happens because I have an idea, then notice something (the reflections) and start concentrating on that w/out changing the original idea much and...

I think overall I do better with more spontaneous subjects/shots that don't have a lot of forethought put into them, because I don't have time to become overly obsessed, but I'd need a serious telephoto to get the images I'd want w/out having to crop out empty space. Sigh. :thumbsup:

Bay leaves and lemurs :thumbsup:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I know, I've totally flaked off on the "assignments." Feel free to kick me and paste a "slacker" sign on my back. No great excuse except the usual: busy w/other things, and whenever I do go out to take pictures, I seem to go places/take pictures of animals. I can't help it! ;)

I did try a few street sign stuff, but they haven't come out too well. Why does it look good when you're framing thru the lens and on the LCD screen and then when you get home it looks like boring crud? i'm still highly frustrated/confused/driven crazy about color accuracy re: camera/printer/monitors/different editing software.

Anyway, here's a bit of what I have been shooting w/the camera. The last one was an attempt at just capturing the feel of a long walkway, and probably isn't very interesting, but it's not animal related, so ... I originally took it horizontally but after some discussion I decided a vertical crop was better. I don't know who the man is.

Seagull on pond flapping it's wings

Night heron in tree

Female mallard

Man walking a long platform

I know, I know, I've totally flaked off on the "assignments." Feel free to kick me and paste a "slacker" sign on my back. No great excuse except the usual: busy w/other things, and whenever I do go out to take pictures, I seem to go places/take pictures of animals. I can't help it! :down:

I did try a few street sign stuff, but they haven't come out too well. Why does it look good when you're framing thru the lens and on the LCD screen and then when you get home it looks like boring crud? i'm still highly frustrated/confused/driven crazy about color accuracy re: camera/printer/monitors/different editing software.

Anyway, here's a bit of what I have been shooting w/the camera. The last one was an attempt at just capturing the feel of a long walkway, and probably isn't very interesting, but it's not animal related, so ... I originally took it horizontally but after some discussion I decided a vertical crop was better. I don't know who the man is.

Seagull on pond flapping it's wings

Night heron in tree

Female mallard

Man walking a long platform

I like the seagull best.

Still pictures of moving water relax me.

:thumbsup:

I realized on my monitor at least, the seagull one is too green because I tried a different color profile. I've been struggling with RAW browsers and which one is the right one for me; the post-processing affects things sooo much. This digital vs. film PP stuff and color profiles etc. is something I'm still not used to and confuses me greatly.

The attachment is just to show how different the color can be (from the previously posted version) just by changing a couple settings in the RAW browser - no other photshopping done. There is no true consistency between programs/printers/software even using the same named settings, and it seems to me one can only hope for decent exposure and sharpness. Not surprising perhaps, but frustrating to someone like me w/really picky color-accuracy desires.

Edit: Here's another seagull pic - it's not a great pic by any means w/the focus being off, but I like the captured flying moment.

Gorgeous morning here - if I can manage to stay awake long enough I'm going to try taking some pics during a park walk later today.

Edited by LadyCrimson