"Five freeware strategy games too good to miss"

Eurogamer has written an article about 5 strategy games they believe should be played by everyone. There's a brief comment about the titles along with links to the official pages of each game. The titles are:

• The Battle For Wesnoth
  • UFO: Alien Invasion
  • C-Evo
  • Cry Havoc: Test of Faith

If you're not too busy being alanschu or Llyranor, you can follow the link and read up on those titles.

UFO: Alien Invasion
I used to keep my eye on that one for some time... I didn't know they had made so much progress!

d/l'ing now. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In pursuit of a more challenging, more skill-based experience, Steffen has spurned scripting and random ingredients like barbarian tribes, and built a goal-guided AI almost as flexible as a human player. The design approach allows smart fans to have a go at fashioning their own AIs. These homemade brains can even be pitted against each other on the same map. Clever stuff.

ss_preview_PricelessVictories_3_C_evo.jpg

I have a lot of trouble being alanshu.

Being alanschu is a bit easier, you may want to try that :dancing:

That must be what I'm doing wrong!

Reminds me of the dyslexic agnostic insomniac ... lying awake all night wondering if there really is a dog ... :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, UFO: Alien Invasion seems to have come a long way. I kept up with the project through some support on their forums when they started out, but eventually I moved on and completely forgot about them.

I would give the game a chance now if I wasn't drowning in work.

I was alanschu for a couple of days, but the cream from my doctor cleared it right up.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Reminds me of the dyslexic agnostic insomniac ... lying awake all night wondering if there really is a dog ... :mellow:

So this dyslexic man walks into a bra...

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg