NHL

Darque

While we got the loss, I thought the Oilers played a pretty good game, especially given the lack of experience on the back end. Surely that game has to do wonders for Gilbert's confidence. Good to see MacTavish have him out at the end of the game.

Henrik Zetterberg is on a nice little tear right now.. And I remember the Detroit fans whining about his salary when they signed him last summer. "He has never had more than 60 points, why does he need that much money?!". Everyone who saw him take Timr

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Wow, Columbus goon Jody Shelley levels rookie Tom Gilbert. His blueline partner Matthieu Roy jumps Shelley and gets a misconduct. We're playing with two pair of 'd' right now. It's a good thing we have a two goal lead!

Edit: 3-0!! I predicted Smid's goal at work this morning! Stoner senses FTW!!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Koivu!

Koivu scores in the shootout to lead Montreal 6-5 over Nashville! W00T!

Two awesome games on tonight and neither one was televised. :devil: Edmonton, Montreal and Ottawa won while Toronto lost. It was a good night. :D

Lol. Emery and Biron were both ejected from the Ottawa Buffalo game tonight. :D

Edited by Deraldin

Was there a definative camera angle that showed if Drury was elbowed? The one view I saw made it look like he got tagged with the shoulder guard?

I bet Emery feels real tough for beating on Biron there. Then Lindy Ruff shakes Birons' hand after he gets a misconduct. Give Lindy and Rick Jeanette a sitcom, now!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Was there a definative camera angle that showed if Drury was elbowed? The one view I saw made it look like he got tagged with the shoulder guard?

I bet Emery feels real tough for beating on Biron there. Then Lindy Ruff shakes Birons' hand after he gets a misconduct. Give Lindy and Rick Jeanette a sitcom, now!

The only angle I saw was was from the far end of the ice. Everything that I've heard though has said that the elbow was tucked in to his side and Drury got the shoulder. :confused:

Biron was really overmatched. I'm not sure what he was thinking, but Emery was laughing as he beat up on Peters right afterwards.

Biron was really overmatched. I'm not sure what he was thinking, but Emery was laughing as he was beat up by Peters right afterwards.

I had to correct that, sorry

I saw two clips. Peters getting a few crappy punches off and then a second clip with Emery throwing a few of his own and taking Peters down to the ice. :confused:

Notch up another win for the unbeatable Leafs! This time against the fearsome mighty Flyers. That makes it the Leafs second win in seven tries! Oh yes sir! We're on the highway to the play-offs!

I, um, fell asleep during this afternoon's game. Good to see I didn't miss much. Lupul returning was nice, losing Smid was not.

And I'll assume most of the regulars in here have seen the Tkachuk trade details by now. Looks like Montreal is making some moves as well. San Jose just got more experienced at the back end.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And I'll assume most of the regulars in here have seen the Tkachuk trade details by now. Looks like Montreal is making some moves as well. San Jose just got more experienced at the back end.

I'm not sure what to think of the Rivet trade right now. They have an extra first round pick but it's going to be a late one considering where San Jose is in the standings. I don't know much about the defenceman that we got other than he's young and he was on the Canadian World Juniors team a couple years ago. I think it will really depend on what Montreal does with the pick. Ideally I'd like to see them take that pick and use it as part of a deal for another player. Maybe see if they can get Bertuzzi from Florida for some depth at centre.

And the Leafs are paralyzed come trade deadline.. as usual. Watch them spend their youth, their top picks for the next five years and their momma's house to get a has-been that conveniently retires with a $3 million salary after ten games with the Leafs.

I bet they'll make a panic trade just at the deadline for.. Gary Roberts (again!) just to make it seem like they're active and "happening". More dead weight for the captain to carry on his back.

I'm not sure what to think of the Rivet trade right now. They have an extra first round pick but it's going to be a late one considering where San Jose is in the standings. I don't know much about the defenceman that we got other than he's young and he was on the Canadian World Juniors team a couple years ago. I think it will really depend on what Montreal does with the pick. Ideally I'd like to see them take that pick and use it as part of a deal for another player. Maybe see if they can get Bertuzzi from Florida for some depth at centre.

Josh Gorges is a solid pickup. He's only 22, but he played most of last season. He's struggled a bit this year because he's thinking too much. If he gets back to basics he's fast enough and plays hard enough to make a good 5th or 6th defenseman, and in a couple years could be a top four guy. He's definitely a hard worker, the guy wasn't even drafted, just showed up to training camp and earned a spot on a pretty competitive team.

I don't know much about Rivet, but the Sharks definitely need some leadership. It's a team with a ton of talent and zero experience.

Looks like Roberts is going to the Penguins. I'd be surprised if the Leafs did anything really, come trade deadline.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.